Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Greetings from California 9 years 9 months ago #30213

These are my Super Champ and my dad's old Ranger XLT. I picked them up from my parents houses a couple weeks ago and I'm really excited for the projects ahead.

The ranger seems like it wants to run but there is no reverse. Had to make a steering arm til I can find an original. Not sure about the champ yet. I'd like to keep original parts on both if possible. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. The forum has already helped a lot :)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Greetings from California 9 years 9 months ago #30214

• Dam
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Welcome to the forum mate ;) that's a really nice pair of projects to restore B)

Greetings from California 9 years 9 months ago #30215

Welcome to the forum. SRBs are iconic, Super Champ just got a reissue after 32 years (might be good news for parts). :)

Last edit: by Edou.

Greetings from California 9 years 9 months ago #30216

Welcome to Tamiya Base, Couple of nice originals you have there :) I'm envious of your Ford especially :cheer: I'll look forward to seeing your builds :y: cheers Andy...
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Re:Greetings from California 9 years 9 months ago #30217

Welcome, looks like both cars have the hopup msc. I would replace these with esc if you intend to run them. Interesting reartires on the ford.

Greetings from California 9 years 9 months ago #30218

:) welcome on board Stonehenge. You have here nices iconic tams very nice. For your reverse matter look the trimming and clean up the msc ;)

Greetings from California 9 years 9 months ago #30231

Welcome on board chap, those are both sound looking cars, I don't see anything there that can't be repaired, repainted or replaced :)

Re:Greetings from California 9 years 9 months ago #30232

...Interesting reartires on the ford.

Period "Troll" brand tyres?

Re:Greetings from California 9 years 9 months ago #30270

Hi Stonehenge !

Welcome on TB....and as it has already been said....nice cars you got there ! Unfortunately my dad wasn't int RC cars....i had to build my collection without his help :cry: :cry:

Both of them are in a very good state and like JR said, there is nothing that can't be repaired and i'm sure with a little TLC they will look as new !
Looking forward to see your resto thread.

Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.