Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hello from Indiana 8 years 9 months ago #35122

• rcb
  • rcb's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Hello all. New here (obviously) from Indiana. Was finally able to get a Hotshot (Mk1) in a trade recently. It's been thrashed over the years it looks like, so I'm going to restore it, but keep it as a runner.

I used to have a hornet, but sold it a few year back. I've always liked the Hotshot and am still looking for a Blackfoot, Clodbuster and Falcon. The Hotshot however has long been my favorite.

My background and passion is RC aircraft however, but dwelling in hobby stores in my youth, Tamiya was a big part of that.

Anyhow thanks for having me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by rcb.

Hello from Indiana 8 years 9 months ago #35123

Welcome on board :y: :)

Hello from Indiana 8 years 9 months ago #35125

Welcome on boarde rcb.

Hello from Indiana 8 years 9 months ago #35127

Welcome RCB!
I'm also working with Hotshots these days. I like the mechanics :-)

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Hello from Indiana 8 years 9 months ago #35128

:laugh: I'm jealous. I want a hotshot :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello from Indiana 8 years 9 months ago #35149

• rcb
  • rcb's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Thank you for the warm greeting!

I am really enjoying it. Though it's a Mk1, it's been bashed enough before I got it, I don't feel bad running with it. The guy who traded it to me had it for 15 years or so. Got it from a guy who had a hobby store. It was unfinished in a box of other stuff when the guy I got it from received it. I am guessing the shop owner had tossed in supershot parts to finish it at one point, as it also had the square resistors rather than the round (I got the parts, but they aren't on as he had switched to a rooster esc some time in the past). And it's got the supershot roof and the gold wheels.

The guy I got it from kept trying to trade me for a P-51 I had, but kept calling it a Kyosho. Then when he showed it to me when I had stopped by his place, I knew then what it was (though he still assured me it was a Kyosho). So I took it as a partial trade.

It will just be a runner for me. It's been thrashed enough that any collector value is gone more or less anyhow. At any rate, my kids love it and often insist I take it outside. My boys like sitting in my lap and turning the steering wheel while I run it in the driveway and yard. It was a good trade in my book.

I need to find some original decals or reproductions of the originals (not much on the fake sponsors) and a replacement body (he had made some odd cuts on the body for wires) but for the meantime it's alright.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Last edit: by rcb.

Hello from Indiana 8 years 9 months ago #35152

Welcome aboard!

Hello from Indiana 8 years 9 months ago #35153

:woohoo: nice hot shot :y:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus