Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New member & ex Tamiya nut 8 years 9 months ago #35157

Hi all, Ive recently started to collect Tamiya models again :)
I had many in the 80's and 90's and would like to get some of the old original ones back over time and make a nice collection again, I recently bought 2 new kits, Mitsubishi Evo x and the Lancia Delta intergrale, After finding out that theyre re releasing the old Monster Beetle i found it for pre order for £120 so will be getting one of them :) to take me up to 3 models

All the ones i had as a kid were never used and only displayed in my bedroom ( apart from the 1st one i got which was the grasshopper )
After seeing the prices the old ones are bringing i wish i had kept my old ones :(
i had grasshopper, hornet, boomerang, monster beetle, avante and the old red and white celica that was basically same as the 959

Hopefully i can find some mint old ones to add to the collection :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New member & ex Tamiya nut 8 years 9 months ago #35158

Welcome, Andy. Those are some nice cars. It would've been cool to still have the Avante and Celica especially but I'm quite sure you'll manage to get a hold of another good looking specimen.

:cheer:

New member & ex Tamiya nut 8 years 9 months ago #35159

• rcb
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Welcome from a fellow new member. For me, back in the 80's I could never afford one of these, but now I can. I'm glad to read the Monster Beetle will be re-released. It was always a good looking kit.

I'm busy enough these days, so whatever finds its way to me is what I get... though I think I may try hunting down a falcon after I get the hotshot squared away.

New member & ex Tamiya nut 8 years 9 months ago #35160

Well it starts with 3, then you have to have one of each for the shelf and another one for running ... then maybe another one in case that gets damaged, then 3 of each of every other variant of the chassis, ditto for anything else you would have liked to have as a kid, and that your mates had ... then more just because they're "interesting" ... then come the ones that you have to have just because they're "a bargain", I mean, hypothetically obviously - I've never bought something peculiar then sold it on a loss later on :whistle: ;)

Welcome on board chap :) :y:

New member & ex Tamiya nut 8 years 9 months ago #35161

Welcome, Andy P !
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

New member & ex Tamiya nut 8 years 9 months ago #35162

:) welcome Andy P. You are now infected by the Tamiyaus collectibus virus. :lol: like Jonny said, you begin by 1or 3 models and theyare so nice that you don't want to use them and you buy twins to run etc... Good luck and put some picts of your collection :y:

New member & ex Tamiya nut 8 years 9 months ago #35176

Welcome Andy !

I think Jonny resumed exactly why we are all here....sharing our passion....and buying Tamiya stuff just in case something breakes on our shelfs :lol: :lol:
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

New member & ex Tamiya nut 8 years 9 months ago #35188

Thanks all for the warm welcome :)
I can see this collecting malarkey snowballing like it normally does and the wife also said "it'll not be long before youve got 10" so at least if i get 10 it wont be a surprise to her :)
I will get some pics up of the Evo X and the Lancia once the stickers are all on :y:
Thanks again
Andy

New member & ex Tamiya nut 8 years 9 months ago #35191

:laugh: It is genetical. Wives haven't the chromosome T :lol: :lol: :lol:
The following user(s) Liked this: Andy P

New member & ex Tamiya nut 8 years 9 months ago #35196

:laugh: It is genetical. Wives haven't the chromosome T :lol: :lol: :lol:

No they don't :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.