Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Super Blackfoot restoration.... 4 years 1 month ago #58513

Hey guys. This is my first restoration and saw this super Blackfoot on eBay for a “deal” @ 60 bucks with brushless upgrade and thought to myself, what a great idea, so I jumped. Well that 60 bucks turned into 100 after taxes and shipping and when I got it, let’s just say it needs some tlc to say the least. So I start taking inventory of all the things that are cracked and broken and rigged. I then hit the internet to find replacement parts. I was really shocked that even though it shares the same basic chassis ast the frog/brat/monster beatle/Blackfoot, that’s all it shares. Almost every other part is unique to the super Blackfoot. I’m having all sorts of problems tracking down parts for this thing but I was able to find enough stuff to get it together and serviceable...or so I thought. I found two ‘f’ parts trees on eBay because I need a new steering knuckle. There were two so I bought one because the seller had reached out to me because he must’ve seen that I was watching it. So I bought it since it’s that last thing that I needed in order to get it up and running. I wait, and wait, and wait. Finally the seller messages and tells me that he can’t find it and refunds me the money. Awesome right? Well no because the other parts tree is now gone and I’m stuck in disassembly limbo with no solution in sight ugh... I was able to find a 3D printer that made some excellent replacement shock towers so that’s a plus. Anyway I’m glad to be here and if any of you have any leads on super Blackfoot parts, shoot me a line! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Pennywise75.

Super Blackfoot restoration.... 4 years 1 month ago #58520

Oh I love these chassis :) The Super Blackfoot also shares parts with Bush Devil and the King Blackfoot but steering and rear hubs are harder to find :O

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Super Blackfoot restoration.... 4 years 1 month ago #58524

Oh I love these chassis :) The Super Blackfoot also shares parts with Bush Devil and the King Blackfoot but steering and rear hubs are harder to find :O

I’m finding that out about Hard to find parts right now. I am grateful that I found a 3-D printer that makes quality replacement shock towers and a great deal of other bits for this car because mine were toast. Just need to track down some steering knuckles or see if that place can make some for me

Last edit: by Pennywise75.

Super Blackfoot restoration.... 4 years 2 weeks ago #58966

Got a lot done. Redid the bumper mount with new radius arm mounting holes, replaced the plastic and metal gears in the gearbox as they were all stripped out, new ball bearings throughout the car, replaced both front and rear shock towers with custom 3D printed units. They are very nice. Waiting on new rear shocks and still need the ‘F’ parts tree. This thing is also waaaaaay too powerful with the brushless setup...

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro. Reason: inserting pics :)
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.