Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Modified Avante 2011 suspension arms 4 years 3 weeks ago #58745

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how these steel shaft pieces are set in the plastic arms? If I heat the steel carefully, they should pull right out correct? If they are just straight shafts, I think this will be possible.

Thank you for any input, first post here, I have a shop in Indiana and used to race back in the 80's and 90's with my dad and little brother.

Jason
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by rustyclockwork.

Modified Avante 2011 suspension arms 4 years 3 weeks ago #58746

Does anyone know how these steel shaft pieces are set in the plastic arms? If I heat the steel carefully, they should pull right out correct? If they are just straight shafts, I think this will be possible.

I've never broken one of these open, but I'm guessing that the other end of the shaft will be serrated in some way to make it grip and not pull out of the plastic. Why do you want to remove it?

Modified Avante 2011 suspension arms 4 years 3 weeks ago #58760

Hi, yes that's all I'm hoping to encounter (at the worst) is just some serration, I purchased an extra set off of eBay in case something goes wrong :-)

I'm going to replace the steel pieces with titanium ones, not going to recreate the hex part, will just machine two slight flats so that a small hand vise can hold these when the other end piece is installed. Will fasten with some Devcon resin product, the titanium replacements will definitely have serration in the area that is bonded.

Thank you,

Jason

Last edit: by rustyclockwork.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.