Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Not really a 'newbie'...just been asleep for 10 years of so! 3 years 1 month ago #65191

Hi,
Due to the current situation and having time on my hands, I've started to restore my old Sand Scorcher which I've had from new in around 1980. I joined this forum in 2011 when I last decided to restore it!...probably due to the re-re's coming out about then and getting me interested again.
All I did back then was to strip the SS's shell (and my Rough Rider's) of paint...well nearly!
Fast forward and I'm now taking it apart and cleaning everything as best I can. The model is actually in really good condition...the only things I've had to buy so far are new rubbers for the shocks, new well nuts (found I already had some 10 minutes after pressing the button lol) and tyres. I'm sure there'll be more but that's it so far...obviously I didn't use it enough when I bought it.
Annoyingly, I can only find one chrome door handle and one mirror...also seem to have lost the exhaust stack so there will be more bits to source as and when.
In the meantime I've bought a new re-re body shell for the Scorcher as I want to try out a different colour scheme...the original shell will almost certainly be 'box art'. The 'Rough Rider' shell I think will be the same as the Scorcher's colour scheme to make a matching pair.
I've also got a boxed, unused AYK 'Big March' from the early 80's (RX1200) which I bought around the same time, and a Tamiya 'Terra Scorcher' to sort out sometime!
I'm sure I'll be asking you guys some 'stupid old newbie' questions in the near future (I've only just found out you don't need crystals anymore for God's sake!)
If I can get anywhere near the standard of some of the models on here I'll be very happy!

The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by koffeebreak.

Not really a 'newbie'...just been asleep for 10 years of so! 3 years 1 month ago #65193

A belated welcome on board :)

The following user(s) Liked this: koffeebreak, jord001

Not really a 'newbie'...just been asleep for 10 years of so! 3 years 1 month ago #65195

Welcome.
The following user(s) Liked this: koffeebreak, jord001

Not really a 'newbie'...just been asleep for 10 years of so! 3 years 1 month ago #65196

Welcome back from a new member who has also dug the old 80's cars back out. I too have been pressing the buy button and then finding stuff. Oh well we will have spares. 

Lee
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: koffeebreak

Not really a 'newbie'...just been asleep for 10 years of so! 3 years 1 month ago #65199

Hi Koffeebreak....
Welcome on here.
Very nice models that you have and I'd love to see pictures of them.

Manotas

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Not really a 'newbie'...just been asleep for 10 years of so! 3 years 1 month ago #65201

Hi Manotas,
I'll get some pictures up soon...but I warn you, some aren't very pretty lol!
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.