• Page:

TOPIC:

New Dutch member 2 years 8 months ago #67854

• Mark
  • Mark's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Hello everyone

I am Mark V. from the Netherlands and have been a member of Tamiyabase since 2013 but never officially introduced myself.
And because this site is pretty awesome with loads of information, it's time I join the party.

Ever since I got my first RC car, I loved building and driving them, and have had a huge amount of cars of every brand imageable.
Early 2000’s I was an active member of a couple of RC drift forums.
Those were very nice times with meetings, competitions and a lot of friendly people.
I have a lot of good memories of those years and still have my Tamiya TA05 VDF with RX7 body which won multiple awards back then as a reminder.
But after the drift scene died down it was a bit quiet for a year or 2.
When I decided to reduce the amount of cars I sold most of them, till somebody asked me if I would trade a Tamiya Super Champ.
Even though I was a big Tamiya fan I never heard of the Super Champ or any of those vintage models, so I was intrigued and took the gamble.
It was very complete so I restored it back to original box art state and still have the model.
I thought it was a very cool model and since then I have collected about 36 vintage models, most of them restored and others are a WIP.
All models have there charm, but if I had to pick a favorite it will be the B2B because it just looks so different and it makes me smile every time I look at it.
All restored models are in box art with period correct electronics and are basically runners if only the battery’s would have kept their capacity.
Here is a quick overview of my current collection, more detailed pictures can be found in the gallery(just search for "Mark V.")

Beside the vintage models I have two runners although I haven’t driven them in years.
My Tamiya TA05 VDF with almost all the options and Full belt drive system to fit the low hood of my RX7 body. 

And HPI Savage HP Flux with 6S lipo setup for insane off-roading.

Guess that's all for now.
Any questions feel free to ask.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, Edou, stingray-63, Al, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mark.

New Dutch member 2 years 8 months ago #67855

Welcome Mark!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

New Dutch member 2 years 8 months ago #67857

Welcome Mark
Clive

Last edit: by Clive533.

New Dutch member 2 years 8 months ago #67858

Hi Mark, really nice collection. Some rare ones there. Welcome aboard.

New Dutch member 2 years 8 months ago #67859

Welcome on board Mark really nice collection and some dream cars. 👍

New Dutch member 2 years 8 months ago #67860

Welcome to the forum, nice collection of cars. 
Regards

Lee

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.