Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hello and Box Art 1 week 3 days ago #78330

Hello probably a few 80s kids like me on here who can now afford the hobby but I was hoping somebody could tell me if anyone sells Tamiya box art? Nothing enormous, I’d just love a few  A4/A3 size framed posters in my man cave.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello and Box Art 1 week 2 days ago #78332

Hello probably a few 80s kids like me on here who can now afford the hobby but I was hoping somebody could tell me if anyone sells Tamiya box art? Nothing enormous, I’d just love a few  A4/A3 size framed posters in my man cave.

I'd be interested in such art as well, but I suspect that since all the box art is copyrighted, selling prints would technically be illegal.  Whether or not Tamiya would object is hard to say.  I know people have sold miniature (1/10) versions of Tamiya boxes.  You'd probably be OK downloading scans of the box art (some of which are available on this site) and printing them yourself.

Hello and Box Art 1 week 2 days ago #78333

Well, Tamiya is well known to send cease and desist letters to some of the artists simply drawing some Tamiya and selling their stuff... Assume that unless Tamiya is selling this, it will never happen...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Hello and Box Art 1 week 2 days ago #78337

Hmm, frustrating I can find tin signs on ebay and vinyl banners which I guess will incur legal process at some point. I wonder why they don’t do it? Surely they would sell like hotcakes. For me the vintage art is the soul of why we all love this hobby, seeing those boxes in our local hobby shop as kids was probably most peoples’ first introduction to Tamiya.

Hello and Box Art 1 week 2 days ago #78338

Find boxes picts on google and print them with Vistaprint.
The following user(s) Liked this: mirrorman

Hello and Box Art 1 week 2 days ago #78339

• Al
  • Hog Heaven
  • Hog Heaven
I think what some people do is cut the lid off a box and get it framed.
The following user(s) Liked this: mirrorman

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds