Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Newbie 13 years 3 months ago #633

Another nearly 40year old big kid - just dug out my old Superchamp and set about cleaning it up. This was my pride and joy - the best xmas present i ever got. Sadly over the years a couple of bits have gone walkies (engine, battery, some rc gear) and typically for this car the rear bumper is broken. However, everything else is in pretty good condition which is nice.

Trying to track down:
Rear bumper - does anyone make these now?
Rear UV joint (they were black on the SC - not silver like the other SRB's)
Set of decals - body is in good conditon apart from some bad paint which needs removing.
Battery - where can i get a decent replacement hump type!?!?

Any ideas where i can get these?

Should keep me busy next few evenings. Hope to get it running in next few weeks...

Here is a pick of the chasis with the remaining RC gear etc removed (I have started to clean it up).

Cheers
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Rodan. Reason: ?

Re: Newbie 13 years 3 months ago #634

Welcome!

The rear bumper is hard to find but you can get a nice alloy one via a guy on eBay/Tamiyaclub. I can't remember his user name off the top of my head but I'll let you know if I remember.
Rear UV's in black are also difficult to get a hold of but the new ones are quite nice and not as soft as the original brass ones.
Repro decals are available via TamiyaClub's repro decals service or via a guy on their forums (tamiyoman I think) who also sells on eBay (tamkyo-repro or something). Both have good rep.
For the hump pack I recommend the Vapextech one. Go to Component-Shop.co.uk to find one there.

Hope that helps,
J.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by VagabondStarJXF.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.