Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Relapse 12 years 1 month ago #8329

Seems I've run into the wrong crowd again... I've been off the stuff for about 12 yrs. now. B)
A fellow Submariner gave me my 1st fix back in 85. The Brat caught his eye so I got a deal on his well used Hot Shot. It wasn't long before I moved onto hop-ups. Soon I was flying my now Super Hotshot off the steps leading to the barracks of the Sub Base in Newlondon Ct.
Life got really busy and that Hotshot found it's way to a box while I was being relocated at government expense to a new duty station.
Flash ahead to the mid nineties. No longer a Submariner I come home from work to find my 10 year old son Hotshot in hand. "Dad does this thing work?", "Well son lets find out".
So I showed him how everything worked and now it was his. Was only a few days later as I got out of the car again coming home from work. "Dad the Buggy is broke" as he handed it to me. "Yep bud it's broke alright. Looks like the front hub is broken. I'd have to say that I can't fix it because it is so old, we will never find the part".
Boy, was he disappointed. I went to work the next day and mentioned the story to one of my employees. He advised me to check out this place on the internet. "Ebay", Well not only did I find the new hub, but I also found 20+ pages with 100 items a page( the max setting at the time) of only Tamiya RC.
I was setting alarms at 3:30am and clicking stopwatches and multiple screens and hitting refresh. Friends were starting to worry. The wife was glad to have me out of her hair. Thousands were traveling through the mail. They had to put helper springs on the Postal truck.
I was in control though. Whenever I sensed an intervention might be eminent I would go underground. (I changed the shipping address to the office) :evil:
Finally life once again became so hectic I had no time for my vice, but that moment took 7 years to arrive.
Time warp to present day about 12 yrs. later. I'm relocating , Now I have to store all this stuff.
So I shall organize, identify, itemize and list, ect..
When you guys see all this stuff you will freak. I just kept buying parts as my imagination would come up with new concepts. I figured I would worry about the builds later.
Don't get me wrong, I had my runners. But the bulk is parts and fixxer uppers.
Thorp, Hot Trick, Paranoid, Custom wheels, aftermarket dampers. Tamiya hop up parts, Custom bodies and on and on and on... even a few of really trick 2 speed tranny's for electric motors. I fantise about mating them to a Novak brushless.
I'm a certified master mechanic by trade. I've worked on everything from 40 Fords to missiles and reactors. I love to design, fabrcate, make things my own.
I currently own a auto sales and repair shop. I am also a partner in a software development company.
I reside at the Tamiya Addict Rehabilitation Clinic in Ct. USA. / Or you can reach me through Tamiyabase.com
I believe to beat a problem you have to face it. So I stand before you all and announce "My name is Kim and I have a Tamiya Jones". :y:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Relapse 12 years 1 month ago #8331

... "My name is Kim and I have a Tamiya Jones". :y:

Hi Kim :whistle:

Re: Relapse 12 years 1 month ago #8335

Welcome to TamiyaBase, Kim!
Excellent introduction. :laugh: :y:

Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Relapse 12 years 1 month ago #8336

Welcome (once more) Kim! I'm very curious about all your Tamiya parts. :huh: B)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.