Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Infrared heating - anybody tried it? 7 years 4 months ago #41770

I'm looking at replacing our aged night storage heaters at home. We do not have mains gas and I don't fancy oil, so that leaves us with electric heating of some sort.
We first thought of an air-sourced heat pump (not enough land for a ground-sourced one), but this means installing a wet central heating system and water radiators - a lot of hassle and expense.
I then came across infra-red panel heaters like these . They look to be discreet and easy to install.
I'm also looking at IR underfloor heating for a couple of rooms.
These seem to be a new and relatively unknown technology on our backwards little island, but I get the feeling they may be more popular on the continent, hence my question here.
Has anyone got experience with these?
Any other recommendations?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Infrared heating - anybody tried it? 7 years 4 months ago #41771

That's amazing. My uncle must to change his heating system after xintia... He consums 30% less energy with a better warm comfort.

Infrared heating - anybody tried it? 7 years 4 months ago #41772

Why not air-to-air heat pump?
Lots of those here in Norway.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: poebe

Infrared heating - anybody tried it? 7 years 4 months ago #41773

www.brinkclimat...verwarming
lots of them second handed in the netherlands
link.marktplaat...1116263780

Last edit: by poebe.

Infrared heating - anybody tried it? 7 years 4 months ago #41774

Infrared rays warm only living peoples and pets. What is air to air system Lars?

Infrared heating - anybody tried it? 7 years 4 months ago #41775

something like this:
www.aircon.pana...uct/17911/
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Infrared heating - anybody tried it? 7 years 4 months ago #41776

:P that's a reversible climtisator...

Infrared heating - anybody tried it? 7 years 4 months ago #41777

Yes, use as air conditioner in summer and reverse it at winter for heat. B)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Infrared heating - anybody tried it? 7 years 4 months ago #41779

Yes, use as air conditioner in summer and reverse it at winter for heat. B)

These are not usually used in domestic situations, but very common in offices. I think the problem would be that we would need one in every room, so installation would be expensive and untidy, although having air conditioning in the summer would be nice.

www.brinkclimat...verwarming
lots of them second handed in the netherlands
link.marktplaat...1116263780

That looks like a gas fired air heater. We don't have gas in our village and I think it would need air ducts running to each room, so again installation would be expensive.

That's amazing. My uncle must to change his heating system after xintia... He consums 30% less energy with a better warm comfort.

Flo, are you saying that your Uncle already has some of these panels and he is pleased with them? Do you know who made them?

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Infrared heating - anybody tried it? 7 years 4 months ago #41780

Yep! They changed his Life. He has now only 2 very discret panels to heat a big twin living room and the kitchen. He won more than 30% in electrical energy. These heatings are very thin. He lives in front of the atlantic ocean. ( look l'aiguillon sur mer on google). He was submerged by the mini tsunami xinthia in 2010 and had to change a lot of things in his house. He bought this heating system (a little expensive but very fast rentabilised). The heat is more comfortable than a classic heater. You have the same temp in all the room. not 50°C around the heater and -20°C in the opposite side :P . That is a sweet heat.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.