Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Question on controllers/receivers 2 years 8 months ago #67970

Bit of a nub question.....  But i remember back in the day, my mates and I had to buy new "crystals" as each of our kits had the same controller/receiver with identical signals.

Am I right in assuming that now everything is digital, if I buy say three of the same controllers (with receivers), that they will all have unique signal ID's?  So I don't need to change or reprogram anything?

Cheers,
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Question on controllers/receivers 2 years 8 months ago #67971

The first thing you do with the receiver is to pair it with the controller. You may pair one controller with many rx (some controllers have the possibility to store models set up, some don't). But basically, once paired with one controller, a receiver would not react to another controller.

In terms of controller, I use a Flysky FS-GT5 and have paired about 9 receivers with it at this stage (up to 20), and there is a small lcd screens that allows to select the model and the set trims and behavior of the channels (FS-A3 or FS-BS6 receivers). Please also note that you need receiver and controller of the same technology so they can work together (in my case it relies on AFHDS2A protocol).

Hope it helps...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts

Question on controllers/receivers 2 years 8 months ago #67985

That's big help, and exactly the answer I was looking for.  Thanks!

Am looking at a couple of cars for the kids, and just wanted to be sure it wasn't going to end in carnage.

I recently got a Flysky FS-GT2 w/ a GR3E.  Will make sure i read-the-manual before getting any additional RX.
And will probably get Flysky's for the kids too.
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001

Question on controllers/receivers 2 years 8 months ago #67987

And will probably get Flysky's for the kids too.

I recommend GT3C, we use them for many RCs. Cheap, reliable, charges from USB. After upgrading firmware (third party firmware), you can use up to 60 models and can use 8-Ch receivers with it and get extra functions like 4 wheel steering. Great value for money. ( www.christian-f...f-6-kanal/ ).

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts

Question on controllers/receivers 2 years 8 months ago #67991

Control up to 60 models :o
Can only dream of that many!

I ended up getting a GT2F for my daughter, and decided to get a GT2B for me. Son will use the GT2. I know they are the "budget" models. But i figure they are also likely to get dropped a few times (by kids not me).

Only regret is GT2 needs 1000x AA batteries >.<

The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Question on controllers/receivers 2 years 8 months ago #67992

I'd recommend not mixing RCs too much. AFAIK are not all FlySky Receivers compatible, I had a GT2E and the RX wouldn't work with my GT3B/C.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001, Ducksnuts

Question on controllers/receivers 2 years 8 months ago #67993

From what I've learnt over the past couple days, Flysky has two protocols; AFHDS2A and AFHDS.  Surprisingly, the cheapest model is compatible with both!
The 3x that'll i'll have all use AFHDS.

But you're right, keeping all the same would be simpler.  Ideally I'd want just the GT2B (me) and 2x GT2F for kids.  But I bought the GT2 without really thinking too much.  On the bright side, at least if they are all different there'll be no arguing over whose is which.

The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Question on controllers/receivers 2 years 8 months ago #67995

There is actually 3:
Afhds, afhds2a and afhds3
On flysky website there is a compatibility chart for the TX with RX. Some TX are compatible with more than one protocol, but it is not the case for the GT5 (afhds2a) , for example, neither for the GT3x (Afhds)... 
​​​​​
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001, Ducksnuts

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.