Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

front shock manual incorrect- important - fb/sc/rr 7 years 6 months ago #41087

so i was just getting another look at the front shocks on my beloved rere fightng buggy. it is very obvious to me the manual is incorrect with the order in wich the o-ring and plastic spacer bushings go. here is the correct assembly for super smooth and high pressure and non leaky front shocks.

hint - dont let the air pressure ramp up to high because it makes the damping to thin for the extreme spring rate.

here we go - stock setup clearly has the o-ring sitting between the spacer bushings. spacer first then o-ring then spacer...
correct setup is to place the o-ring first then the spacers. it will need a couple washers now that the o-ring has moved. it takes 2 extra washers in mine to get it to seal tight. done!

---
enjoy --- the stock 400 cst oil is pretty good. i have the 500 cst now.

---
cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by sublunacy.

front shock manual incorrect- important - fb/sc/rr 7 years 6 months ago #41114

edited

front shock manual incorrect- important - fb/sc/rr 7 years 6 months ago #41172

the experienced copycat retards from tamiya club are saying just shelf it and to forget about tuning because thet said so!
they had people from japan / germany telling me the stupidest stuff about my horizontal rear shock.. reminds me of atv tuners and car tuners who think correctness is based on location and gang size only.

----
enjoy the shocks! your car is worth it!

front shock manual incorrect- important - fb/sc/rr 7 years 6 months ago #41176

Adding a few pics and maybe a screen shot from the manual might make things a bit clearer. ;)
Can't say I share your experience when it comes to TC members, they're usually quite knowledgeable.
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, TommieG, AndyAus

front shock manual incorrect- important - fb/sc/rr 7 years 6 months ago #41177

Adding a few pics and maybe a screen shot from the manual might make things a bit clearer. ;)
Can't say I share your experience when it comes to TC members, they're usually quite knowledgeable.

Copy that, I meet one in front of the mirror on a daily basis and know several more ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, AndyAus

front shock manual incorrect- important - fb/sc/rr 7 years 6 months ago #41207

edited

front shock manual incorrect- important - fb/sc/rr 7 years 6 months ago #41208

Edit - all good.

Last edit: by Edou.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.