Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

racing m chassis? 7 years 6 months ago #41153

my local hobby store has a racing club. i think they are pretty serious racers. i was asking about the entry level and they suggested a car like an associated.... i am wondering about the tamiya stuff to get a nice little collection so he suggested i think a 4wd rolling chassis. he also said he started with the honda civic M chassis full kit.
----
i want to use my tactic tx300 radio because i love it so far. the trigger could use some foam like the steering wheel has got but other than that i love the features. its not missing anything as far as i can tell. anyway thats what i have. its new and i like it!
---
i need a good 4wd/allwd chassis for tarmac and clay. i know they have an oval track indoors. im not sure what else...
im lost here...what is oval track racing and why would i want a honda civic to do it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

racing m chassis? 7 years 6 months ago #41166

A 4WD is generally easiest to control and quite forgiving...
I suppose it doesn't matter much on what type of track you drive it as long as it's not too off roadish.
There's a lot to choose from but an M is pretty neat.

Last edit: by Edou.

racing m chassis? 7 years 6 months ago #41168

If you want a good 4WD chassis for a cheap budget, you have a classic TT01 with a ball bearings set. Or a more polyvalent one, the TA02. The 911 GT2 is more expensive than the TT01 but it has the FRP hopup + some options? (not sure) . And you can adapt it to a buggy or a stadium (TA02T).
I don't know the "moderns" M chassis M05 06 (a futur project for me) but I had a lot of plesant runs with my M01 and M02. I know that the M05 is available in a rallye version.

racing m chassis? 7 years 6 months ago #41173

just a 90 degree output to the wheels looses 20 percent of power. gone! so i need to ask what efficency is of that chassis and if there are chassis with better efficency to the wheels?

are the axles the same length on each side?

oval track racing is great for autistic types. im not sure im going to like it. wheres the fun and challenge? sounds to me like hilary clinton could place well after throwing some money at it.

Last edit: by sublunacy.

racing m chassis? 7 years 6 months ago #41174

:) No policy please ;)
Kyosho made an oval special chassis. For example, the lumina :y: hard to find...

racing m chassis? 7 years 6 months ago #41181

i thinik you nailed it.!! i was just ripping on my fighting buggy and i cant think of anything i woul rather have. its unique and just keeps getting better.

i will explain. i moved the battery forward and attached the under side of the top deck recently and i love it. it has more weight on the front tires but the higher center of gravity/ CG allows it to lift the tires a little for jumps and acceleration. it does not pancake around like a dust mop anymore and the front springs are perfect.
it was a win/win/win/win for me. if i switch to tarmac the battery is ready to be lowered to the main deck again.
im really happy with handling now. it dances around like a natural FIGHTING BUGGY.

i had the battery just moved forward on the main chassis deck but i didnt like it. it was obvious it needed a slipper clutch. it also drove exactly like a kyosho scorpion. it was very bottom heavy and it chassis would crash alot harder because the weight was all inline. now it is more of a triangular weight distribution because it is now tuned nicely in 3 dimensions.

ttyl

Last edit: by sublunacy.

racing m chassis? 7 years 6 months ago #41183

lol yeah the kyosho rere cars are REALLY nice. like the beetle has grown on me! it is possible that might be the next car.

what do you think of the K beetle? looks wise is it as nice as a tamiya sand scorcher? wich reminds me i have been writing sc instead of ss. must be the tamiya overload.....

racing m chassis? 7 years 6 months ago #41185

I don't know kyosho chassis (only ones I have). But the body of the K beetle looks more a toy and I dislike it.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.