Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya 58500 Sand Rover first prototype pictures! 12 years 8 months ago #2096

Just found this:
Tamiya 58500 Sand Rover 2011 Prototype.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: Tamiya 58500 Sand Rover first prototype pictures! 12 years 8 months ago #2099

To sum it up:
Changes:
  • Holes in the bonnet/hood
  • Hole in the rear for the rear damper towers

Seem to be original:
  • Front windshield with pillars
  • Roll cage
  • Driver
  • Headlights (less decals)

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Re: Tamiya 58500 Sand Rover first prototype pictures! 12 years 8 months ago #2101

i have the 2010 Holiday Buggy Re Release and i know the chassis gets a lot of abuse from purists but im one of the strange people who actually love it. it looks so cool when running i just love the retro look :) never owned an original but the chassis in the 2010 looks a lot stronger.

looks like they have used the same chassis again here but i think ill buy one as it looks like a lot of fun.

Re: Tamiya 58500 Sand Rover first prototype pictures! 12 years 8 months ago #2104

I pretty much expected holes in the bonnet (hood) for the front shock towers, but the gaping hole in the back is a bit of a disappointment.

Assuming it's made of ABS/styrene, at least it'll be easier to fill the holes than on the Holiday Buggy re-re.

I'm not sure if I'll bother with this one - I still haven't even driven my HB2010.

Re: Tamiya 58500 Sand Rover first prototype pictures! 12 years 8 months ago #2106

Although its great to see another Re-Re and such an iconic buggy, the small differances just slightly ruin the buggies lines.
Tamiya have thought about the strength of the chassis compaired to the original as they did with the 2011 HB, but having the front and rear shock towers sticking through the body just makes it look like tamiya designed the chassis first and forgot about the body untill they had put it into production and only then realised the body doesn't fit so just cut the holes and stuck it on.

This still will be a good starter kit for the next generation RC members, but the question is could we have had a real long term classic for the 500 series???????:side:

GING

Re: Tamiya 58500 Sand Rover first prototype pictures! 12 years 8 months ago #2170

Some more info has emerged:

Box Art image:

More pictures:

-Lars
Attachments:

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: Tamiya 58500 Sand Rover first prototype pictures! 12 years 4 months ago #4874

Re: Tamiya 58500 Sand Rover first prototype pictures! 12 years 4 months ago #4875

That really badly needs a 540 & oil shocks :S

Re: Tamiya 58500 Sand Rover first prototype pictures! 12 years 4 months ago #4881

You're right about that... but Tamiya says a 380 is for easy controllability. :pinch:
Not a very mature video either I have to say. :whistle:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.