Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Anyone getting the Yokomo YZ-870C Dog Fighter re-issue? 3 months 1 week ago #77502

Has anyone else pre ordered the Yokomo YZ-870C Dog Fighter re-issue ?   I've placed an order through Amazon Japan , but haven't heard anything yet about arrival times. 

It looks the "bee knees" I think.   

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone getting the Yokomo YZ-870C Dog Fighter re-issue? 3 months 1 week ago #77508

Not me, I'm doing the best I can to "stay in my lane" and stick with Tamiya. With the ridiculous amount of models I managed to amass over the last year, the last thing I need is to start adding every Kyosho and Yokomo, etc. nostalgia kit to the mix. I would spring for an RC10 if they release again though . . . and that Kyosho Beetle sure is sweet . . . LOL! I'll live vicariously through you on the Dog Fighter :)
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: Scanox, mirrorman

Anyone getting the Yokomo YZ-870C Dog Fighter re-issue? 3 months 1 week ago #77509

Not me, I'm doing the best I can to "stay in my lane" and stick with Tamiya. With the ridiculous amount of models I managed to amass over the last year, the last thing I need is to start adding every Kyosho and Yokomo, etc. nostalgia kit to the mix. I would spring for an RC10 if they release again though . . . and that Kyosho Beetle sure is sweet . . . LOL! I'll live vicariously through you on the Dog Fighter :)

Haha - no worries mate. 

The Kyosho Beetle is a must have I think . Great RC that should be in every collection - and I'm pretty sure stock is available again (they seemed to dry up sometime last year, but all go again now).  

Anyone getting the Yokomo YZ-870C Dog Fighter re-issue? 3 months 1 week ago #77517

Same here, I got the Kyosho Tomahawk for Christmas and thats about as far as I stray from Tamiya. Love that Yokomo though, I have had a couple second hand and they are nice.

Anyone getting the Yokomo YZ-870C Dog Fighter re-issue? 3 months 1 week ago #77542

Same here, I got the Kyosho Tomahawk for Christmas and thats about as far as I stray from Tamiya. Love that Yokomo though, I have had a couple second hand and they are nice.

Ooooh, nice Christmas present.  
The Kyosho Tomahawk is a favourite , and such a great looking buggy.  When you do build it I think you'll be tempted to get another Kyosho ... just saying. 
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Anyone getting the Yokomo YZ-870C Dog Fighter re-issue? 3 months 1 week ago #77548

Already leaning in that direction...... though a Yokomo now has quite an appeal. LOL
The following user(s) Liked this: mirrorman

Anyone getting the Yokomo YZ-870C Dog Fighter re-issue? 3 months 1 week ago #77550

3 of my race buddies ordered them and 1 has already arrived, I expect to see a complete grid of them racing with all the other club members I know have ordered them  hahahaha
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: mirrorman

Anyone getting the Yokomo YZ-870C Dog Fighter re-issue? 3 months 1 week ago #77562

Mine arrived this week. Only 3 business days delivery because it was in stock at rcmaritimenorway.no.
Even if I never saw the 870C in the 80's or 90's, I wanted one for nostalgic reasons as it reminds of the original chain-driven one. This one obviously has a more modern construction.
Of course I am happy to have run Thundershot for 9 minutes and vintage Frog for 6 laps without breaking on a modern jumpy track last summer , so will not forget Tamiya.
I will be busy measuring parts for a while now, but will run in 4-5+ months 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, mirrorman, GToddC5

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.