Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

58514 is the new Tamiya Mud Blaster 12 years 6 months ago #3552

But, unfortunately, it's not the original chassis, but only the Blackfoot III chassis.
And, if rumors are correct the body is only Lexan.

This is the translated spec:

Mud Blaster II
Chassis fitted with a 130mm diameter tires, plenty of punch with a pickup truck wearing a light body. Enjoy a dynamic running. Polycarbonate monocoque frame chassis employs a high strength. Near the center mounted battery and the motor vehicle to support the running configuration is tough to set a good balance on the center line of the body such as the steering servo.
Electric RC Car Series No.514

• 1 / 10
  • 1/10RC MUD BLASTER II (WT-01) (58514)
  • Length: 445mm
  • lightweight polycarbonate body.
  • Equipped with a friction damper wheel double wishbone suspension
  • Pre-assembled gearbox
  • 540 with a motor.

And this is the only picture available at the moment:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 58514 is the new Tamiya Mud Blaster 12 years 6 months ago #3590

That is feeble - the only thing it shares with the Mud Blaster is the name? :cry:

Re: 58514 is the new Tamiya Mud Blaster 12 years 6 months ago #3631

The first proper image is out from the ongoing Tokyo Hobby show:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
Attachments:

Re: 58514 is the new Tamiya Mud Blaster 12 years 6 months ago #3639

Just dont get this at all. They re released the subaru brat that roughly has the same chassis so why wouldnt you re-use it for this re release and stay true to the original design?? makes me wonder if they will ever re release the monster beetle? if its in this format they need not bother :sick: very dissapointing effort.

Re: 58514 is the new Tamiya Mud Blaster 12 years 6 months ago #3640

Just dont get this at all. They re released the subaru brat that roughly has the same chassis so why wouldnt you re-use it for this re release and stay true to the original design?? makes me wonder if they will ever re release the monster beetle? if its in this format they need not bother :sick: very dissapointing effort.

I agree, I don't see the logic. Most bits are already there...

-Lars

Re: 58514 is the new Tamiya Mud Blaster 12 years 6 months ago #3642

i guess they have a lazy design team as they keep digging this chassis out the cupboard. the new blackfoot looks awful too i definitely wont be buying either of these. its very down heartening to see something that could have been so great turn out so poorly....especially as they have gone to the trouble of re releasing such a classic just a little extra work could have made a massive seller but im guessing this wont be. very very sad.

Tamiya this is how it should have looked :laugh:

Attachments:

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: 58514 is the new Tamiya Mud Blaster 12 years 6 months ago #3652

What's even more astonishing when you look at this cheapo body (among other things) is the brilliant look of the new Racing Masters. Not the same team working on these two cars would be my guess. :pinch:

Last edit: by Edou.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.