Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Anybody knows about SRB Ford Ranger Reissue? 12 years 5 months ago #4308

I am a huge fan of Tamiya RC cars. Now with the reissue of the original Blackfoot body on Blackfoot III model, does anybody know if Tamiya is planning to reissue the famous Ford Ranger XLT? It seems easy to do that, since they reissued the Sand Scorcher & Buggy, right? I appreciate the help from the experts here. By the way, I would buy immediately at least 3 RC kits in case of Ford Ranger reissue.
Thanks team,
Fabio

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Anybody knows about SRB Ford Ranger Reissue? 12 years 5 months ago #4324

Hi Fabio, welcome on board :)

I'm no expert, but I do seem to have a fairly good hit rate of "predicting" Tamiya re-releases - by "predicting" I mean buying a vintage example, restoring it, and then having Tamiya re-release it within a couple of weeks :whistle: 4 of the 7 cars I've had recently have been re-released...

Bearing that in mind, the cars that are still on my wishlist are:
Super Champ
Willy's Wheeler
Wild One
Bruiser

... once I buy one there's a 57% change it'll be re-released ;)

I really don't know any more than you do, but as you say, the body is there, so is the chassis, no reason at all why Tamiya couldn't re-release it ... and I hope they do - once 3 of the 4 SRBs have been re-released, the chances of the one I really want - the Super Champ - reappearing are a lot greater.

No reason why you couldn't build one yourself ... I think a complete Scorcher body would be sellable, less so the Buggy Champ body ... not sure what you'd do with the Blackfoot 3 chassis though :sick:

Ps I don't know if you realise, but the Subaru Brat body has a cutout marked on the underside so it can be fitted on a SRB chassis ...

Re: Anybody knows about SRB Ford Ranger Reissue? 12 years 5 months ago #4328

Hi Fabio, and welcome to TB.
The thing about Tamiya is that they are very good at not leaking info about new models. There has been some leaks over the years, but usually the "leaks" are from Tamiya them selves.. (marketing..)

The Ranger certainly would be nice to see back, and it may very well happen. Then, as you say, most likely with the Blackfoot III body and the reissue SRB chassis.

I have lost count to how many of the vintage models in my collection has been reissued, and I have stopped caring :cheer:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Anybody knows about SRB Ford Ranger Reissue? 12 years 5 months ago #4334

Welcome Fabio. :)

Re: Anybody knows about SRB Ford Ranger Reissue? 12 years 5 months ago #4344

Hi Fabio, welcome on board :)
... not sure what you'd do with the Blackfoot 3 chassis though :sick:

I dont see a chassis do you? :P

look here

Last edit: by waterbok.

Re: Anybody knows about SRB Ford Ranger Reissue? 12 years 5 months ago #4410

Thank you for the warm welcome. Just as info, I just have 10 Tamiya RC models in my collection plus an original Ford Ranger that I bought from Germany. The car has a new chassis from a Sand Scorcher, plus the posts to fit the Ranger body with the original Ranger Body. I mean, the one with a shorter front wheelhouse opening, which I believe Tamiya changed to a bigger front wheel house opening during production. This body in case of driving hard, may touch the tires.
Now my problem is with the stickers, that loose the glue and after a full bright paint job that I did, I cannot keep the stikers in place. They loose bondness. The replacement stickers on ebay are just for the body with a bigger front wheelhouse. Any suggestion how can I solve it?
Thanks,
Fabio:ohmy:

Re: Anybody knows about SRB Ford Ranger Reissue? 12 years 5 months ago #4434

Just a suggestion, I haven't tried it, & I suggest you try it on something that doesn't matter first - how about spray clear laquer on the back of the decal, wait for it to go just tacky, then apply the decal. THEN, once it's dry & stuck, laquer over the top of the decals & paint, to keep it all stuck. Another way might be to hold the loose decal down with tape & laquer over the top in stages (Do a bit, remove some tape, do a bit more, remove more tape etc). Option 3, tack down the loose ends of the decals with the tiniest amount of CA glue to hold them in place, then laquer over to stop them doing it again. If you go for this option, I suggest you leave a day between applying CA & then the laquer; CA can sometimes leave a white "bloom" & although it should just wipe off, you don't want to trap it under a layer of laquer. Good luck!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.