• Page:

TOPIC:

EEEEUUUWW! 12 years 3 months ago #6587

Words escape me, what do you think?
(Blackfoot 3 & Mudblaster 2)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: EEEEUUUWW! 12 years 3 months ago #6594

We've had some not all too positive reactions in this topic also...
I think the effort on the Mud Blaster is weak myself but the Blackfoot body has some potential at least... :S

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: EEEEUUUWW! 12 years 3 months ago #6597

eddrick, I could not agree more...
It is a shame that these two share the name of their proud and iconic elder brothers.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: EEEEUUUWW! 12 years 3 months ago #6600

Yep, Tamiya have been really getting some use out of the ugly stick the last few months :sick:

The BF3 looks good compared to the Mudblaster 2 though :S

Re: EEEEUUUWW! 12 years 3 months ago #6610

You guys must understand, to us as collectors, and lovers of the vintage Tamiya, this new models look :sick:

But if you a 13 year old boy, who's dad is going to buy him his first RC basher, they look great. At the moment there are so many ugly looking models on the market, if they buying Tamiya, that is at least something... :laugh:

Re: EEEEUUUWW! 12 years 3 months ago #6619

You guys must understand, to us as collectors, and lovers of the vintage Tamiya, this new models look :sick:

But if you a 13 year old boy, who's dad is going to buy him his first RC basher, they look great. At the moment there are so many ugly looking models on the market, if they buying Tamiya, that is at least something... :laugh:

Good point! :)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: EEEEUUUWW! 12 years 3 months ago #6621

At 13, any boy will be bashing something other than an RC car :whistle:

Is anyone's first car nowadays a Tamiya kit? I suspect it's either going to be of those dreadful things you see on the end of the aisle in Tesco, or if they make it as far as "hobby grade" stuff, an Ansmann or similar RTR setup is a lot cheaper :(
Attachments:

Re: EEEEUUUWW! 12 years 3 months ago #6624

Sigh....if Tamiya continues like this no youngster will ever want to buy/drive a Tamiya car anymore....they look like 13 in a dozen cheap chinees junk :sick:
Lucky for me my little boy (he's 1 B) ) gets all crazy when i drive circles around him with one of the good old fashioned "fun" cars like WW or my Lunchbox :woohoo:

Cheers!

Ps he also likes to try and grab my porsch 959, which i am not to fond of him doing that... :unsure:
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Re: EEEEUUUWW! 12 years 3 months ago #6629

Yep, fantastic they've provided a new source of the tasty F150 step-side (Haven't seen any bodies for sale yet). I would've thought anyone attracted to cheap looking garbage would rather spend less & get a RTR HBX Bonzer - from what I've seen, modern kids aren't really into building & being creative (Ok, there's gonna be a few dotted about). There used to be several toy shops in Lynn selling Tamiya kits, who don't any more, purely because it's too much hassle for them with the parents keep bringing them back cos they don't work (Lack of ability on the builder's part). We only have 1 proper model shop now & they only deal in RTR cars, the only kits are planes

Re: EEEEUUUWW! 12 years 3 months ago #6631

RTR for less than 100GBP (Paid 30 for this...)
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.