Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Trades 11 years 1 month ago #19316

Hi guys,

can the forum become the forum again? And not the want/sale/ebay listing departement?
I would suggest a section apart from the forum section?
What are your thoughts about this?

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Trades 11 years 1 month ago #19324

I understand your concern but suspect it might be temporary high traffic in that department...
We have a special trades section of course!
Let's keep an eye out for when it would become permanently disproportionate.
Soon I'll be posting build threads again myself at least.

Trades 11 years 1 month ago #19327

Woohoo we def need more build threads here !!! :laugh:
Don't keep us waiting Edo.... Hope to finish my new garage within 2-3 weeks so my tamiya's can move to their new home then!
And ofc maybe then some time again left for the some resto's!

Cheers, Bram

Ps will be posting some pics soon of my new tamiya home!
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Trades 11 years 1 month ago #19334

I suspect it'll be like a Tamiya museum. :)
Maybe you can charge an entrance fee... :lol:

Gathered a few bits during to winter so there's a variety of builds planned here. :y:
Think I'll finish the first one up tonight (the seemingly eternal Humvee build)...

Trades 11 years 1 month ago #19336

HI!... Ya builds will be a bit scarce from me for a while. Lost my job a few months ago and just finally got a new one at half of what I was making before. :angry: So RC stuff is not in the budget currently. :(

Trades 11 years 1 month ago #19337

Have a go at some scratch building - most of the time cost is low for this sort of thing as the bits are what you've got kicking about or what you find by the side of the road etc.

eg, although not the best example, that 1/25th I did was built up using 5gbp sheet of carbon fibre, scrap aluminium from work, most fasteners were kicking about, the titanium was lurking in my shed, bearings were 99p +PP (I think) off Ebay (Car was designed to suit them), gears were bits of old servo, tyres were bicycle handlebar grips (4gbp?), motor was a chaepy heli one (3.50gbp). Most expensive bit was the body at around 14gbp. I also bought the paint, but I didn't need to, I could've just put up with whatever leftovers I've got.
Building stuff with no financial backing is something I'm used to!

Alternatively, grab a shelfer & take it out for a play. Only break it as much as you can afford to repair, then do a rebuild thread on that! I suspect you have more in your collection than you've done rebuild threads on, so start with those

Trades 11 years 1 month ago #19339

Hi guys,

can the forum become the forum again? And not the want/sale/ebay listing departement?
I would suggest a section apart from the forum section?
What are your thoughts about this?

Cheers, Bram

I think the wanted/For Sale/Trade posts recently just was a statistical coincidence, but if you want to avoid them, you can enter the forum through the "Index" page instead of the "Recent Topics" page.
-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Trades 11 years 1 month ago #19345

I've posted a link to my ebay page alot lately trying to fund another resto. Getting all my overtime cut off stinks.

Trades 11 years 1 month ago #19347

Having the trades in the forum must help boost trade, I personally rarely look at the trades section, but I've already bought a couple of bit that were listed in the forum trades.

I would think a lot of people come to the site to see what cool projects others are doing, rather than to go shopping, so putting ads where they're likely to be "stumbled across" has got to be better for those trying to source or sell.

I wouldn't say the forum is flooded with such entries to make it annoying, is there another problem with it I've missed?

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.