Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Seeking typing assistance! 10 years 5 months ago #26084

I am looking for a few helping hands to type (on PC) part numbers.
It's not the most fun job, but it has to be done to make the parts/model database grow.

The job is a follows:
Punch part numbers pr model into Excel (preferred) or other electronic format (Notepad, Word, even straight into an email, etc)

I will supply you with the exact job description, and the required source for the part numbers.

If you are one of the lucky ones to get the job, and you punch minimum 20 models, you will receive 1 year free Subscriber status (new or free extension when the time comes).

You will receive as many scans like this as you want. (without the explanation of course..)

And I would expect something like this:

Let me know if you can help.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by larbut.

Seeking typing assistance! 10 years 5 months ago #26085

wouldn't OCR work or something like Dragon speach recognition?

Seeking typing assistance! 10 years 5 months ago #26086

I have tried using OCR in Acrobat, but it's not "stable" enough. Zeroes becomes o's and 1 becomes I's.. That is not good for use in a database.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Seeking typing assistance! 10 years 5 months ago #26087

I'll have a go, I get periods where I'm waiting for the kids lesson to finish, so I might as well be doing something useful!

Seeking typing assistance! 10 years 5 months ago #26088

... moist fun job ...

Really? :blink: :lol:

Seeking typing assistance! 10 years 5 months ago #26090

I'll have a go, I get periods where I'm waiting for the kids lesson to finish, so I might as well be doing something useful!

Excellent!
An email will come your way with what you need.

-Lars

Seeking typing assistance! 10 years 5 months ago #26091

... most fun job ...

Really? :blink: :lol:

What do you mean?? :blush:

Seeking typing assistance! 10 years 5 months ago #26180

Anyone else eager to start typing? ;)

Seeking typing assistance! 10 years 5 months ago #26183

Hi Lars,
My typing skills is not worth a mention :blush: but, I put my best lost puppy face on and approached my dearly beloved wife/secretary for some assistance. She gave me one look and said if you gave her a good description of what you require she is up for it. So let me have a couple of scans and instructions please.
Regards,
Marius

Seeking typing assistance! 10 years 5 months ago #26195

Hi Lars,
My typing skills is not worth a mention :blush: but, I put my best lost puppy face on and approached my dearly beloved wife/secretary for some assistance. She gave me one look and said if you gave her a good description of what you require she is up for it. So let me have a couple of scans and instructions please.
Regards,
Marius

Really, your wife?? That is excellent! I admire your persuading skills!
I will send you an email with info and some scans.

-Lars

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.