Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Database could include Pinion and gearing details... 2 years 11 months ago #66228

Glad to be to any help 

I found this handy calculator for gears www.technobotso...lator.html
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Database could include Pinion and gearing details... 2 years 11 months ago #66230

Just thinking.... One of the motor pinion was 20T, the question would be then how to assemble a motor pinion and a gear with the right number of teeth (48T, or equivalence in a different mod, using another pinion on the motor side)...

Brain is still working :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Database could include Pinion and gearing details... 2 years 11 months ago #66441

As I did sort out some DT03 parts inventory, I had a ball diff that I never mounted on the DT03 as well as the universal shafts going with it... I just check and the diameter of the diff is more or less the same as the 60T in 0.6 mod from the Hunter, but it is in 0.8 mod. Looking at a calculator, to have approximately the same diameter as the 20T 0.6 mod in .8 mod, it should give 17T...

I guess I have now to look into spur gears in .8 mod to see what I can find. The DT03 is 19T so that one is already out of the possible choices...

Is there somewhere a chart with the spur gears data (number of tooth, mod - I'm thinking about Tamiya first, but may look beyond Tamiya)?

Thanks...

Database could include Pinion and gearing details... 2 years 11 months ago #66444

The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Database could include Pinion and gearing details... 2 years 11 months ago #66482

Well, I would be more in search of the gears used in our Tamiyas, with the number of teeth & mods. To me, it just seems wrong there is no list of components of each hop ups and spare parts, including this type of details...

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.