Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Please lock "About this forum" "How to's" section 12 years 7 months ago #3144

Could someone please look into locking the "About this forum"..."How to's" section - or at least put in some sort of warning message - I spent about 40 minutes writing a post in there, only to have it dumped without any chance to put it in another section or save the text - apparently only moderators/adminstrators can post in there.

Grrrr!!!! :angry:

edit ...and I've just put this one in the wrong section :(

edit 2: thanks for moving it :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: Please lock "About this forum" "How to's" section 12 years 7 months ago #3147

Wow - that's a real waste. I didn't realize it was possible to write a reply without it going anywhere...
But it'll be Lars' department to take a look at.

I threw away a post I worked on extensively once because I decided to edit one more "enter" to the text.
But I didn't realize I was "editing" the preview window and lost all the writing. :cry:

Moved this topic btw... ;)

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Please lock "About this forum" "How to's" section 12 years 7 months ago #3152

Could someone please look into locking the "About this forum"..."How to's" section - or at least put in some sort of warning message - I spent about 40 minutes writing a post in there, only to have it dumped without any chance to put it in another section or save the text - apparently only moderators/adminstrators can post in there.

Jonny,
Sorry about that... I have lost some long posts myself, but, like Edou, usually due to my own mistakes.:unsure:

It looks, however, that you have discovered a bug. I assume you used the "New Topic" tab on top of the Forums?

If you instead have entered the "How To" Forum, you would have seen that there are no "New Topic" button in that forum, because it's locked for normal users.

I think the only solution I can give is to remove the "New Topic" tab on top, then we have to make new topis after opening each category.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Please lock "About this forum" "How to's" section 12 years 7 months ago #3155

I assume you used the "New Topic" tab on top of the Forums?

I think the only solution I can give is to remove the "New Topic" tab on top, then we have to make new topis after opening each category.

You assume correctly - I used the "New Topic" button, then selected "How To's" in the "Category" drop down list.

Your workaround would have the added bonus of more post going in the right section to start with ;)

Re: Please lock "About this forum" "How to's" section 12 years 7 months ago #3183

The "New Topic" tab is hereby gone :-)

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Please lock "About this forum" "How to's" section 12 years 7 months ago #3185

I didn't realize it was possible to write a reply without it going anywhere...

Of course this wasn't the case but only a glance at the issue told me if was for Lars to attend. ;)

Should be a good thing though the button's gone - seemed to be a natural thing to click on it while being in another section.
Less roaming the forum for misplacements for me... :lol:

Last edit: by Edou.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.