Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I keep getting logged out? 11 years 11 months ago #9821

The last couple of days I've found I keep getting logged out - nothing overt, but when I've not done anything on the site for a while, I notice the "new" tags on topics with new posts disappear, as does the "Your profile" links, & when I go to reply to something I get a message along the lines of "only registered users can post".

This has only been happening the last couple of days, so has some sort of inactivity timeout come in?

I know my ISP allocates dynamic IP addresses (rather than having a fixed one), i.e. I get a new IP address each time the router is rebooted or drops & refinds the ASDL connection. I know some sites are antsy about that & will take IP adress as well as cookies to judge whether you're properly logged in or not, but TB hasn't been one of those, and besides, I just checked my router log & it hasn't changed IP address for the period in question.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: I keep getting logged out? 11 years 11 months ago #9823

Hmm, I have fiddled with the Login system the last few days, so you are probably right about something being changed.

As far as I can see, you are not using the Facebook Login feature?
You should as it makes your login easier (automatic) and you are not giving away ANY information to me or TB, except your Email and name (which you already have to provide)
Just click the "connect" button on the front page while logged in.

I'll check other places as well.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: I keep getting logged out? 11 years 11 months ago #9824

...As far as I can see, you are not using the Facebook Login feature?
You should as it makes your login easier (automatic) and you are not giving away ANY information to me or TB, except your Email and name (which you already have to provide)
Just click the "connect" button on the front page while logged in.

I don't have a Facebook account :y: :)

Re: I keep getting logged out? 11 years 11 months ago #9835

What do you mean?? is that possible ?? :lol:

OK, I'll hunt for an answer, but I have no immediate clue at the moment...
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Re: I keep getting logged out? 11 years 11 months ago #9837

What do you mean?? is that possible ?? :lol: ...

Just trying to keep the spirit of Ned Ludd alive :)

... OK, I'll hunt for an answer, but I have no immediate clue at the moment...

Last time I logged in, I checked the "remember me" box & I haven't been kicked out since ...

Re: I keep getting logged out? 11 years 11 months ago #9839

Just trying to keep the spirit of Ned Ludd alive :)

So, you're fighting "the modern" Industrial Revolution? :y:
I have always thought the Internet is not here to stay, I just can't see it becoming popular... :silly:

Re: I keep getting logged out? 11 years 11 months ago #9841

:y:

I do, but I will not use this feature, I think its none of facebooks bussiness to know when or how long I am logged in to other website. They already are hoarding enough intell.

Re: I keep getting logged out? 11 years 11 months ago #9850

So, you're fighting "the modern" Industrial Revolution? :y:

No, I just draw the line at uses of technology that make me less productive. It's not a new thing, I decided a long time ago (6-7 years?) that instant messaging was bad enough - you might think you're communicating with someone, but in reality all you're doing is letting someone you'll never meet suck the time right out of your day.

All the "constant updates" that seem to be the very essence of twitter & facebook just seem a massive waste of time - just look at anyone sub- 20 or so - any time they are not under active threat of having their lastest plastic whizzy phone confiscated, they're busy thumb twiddling.

I'm 40 in two months time - that will officially mean I'm "old" and are _legally entitled_ to shake a stick at youngsters & say "Grrr!!!!!" :laugh: - I'm just getting in some practice beforehand :silly:

I'm not _totally_ against constant updates BTW, they work for some things, like CNN, the weather channel, and ... ;)

Re: I keep getting logged out? 11 years 11 months ago #9864

Ah... I'm also being automatically logged out every time I leave this site too - I kinda assumed it was something to do with my newly aquired Firefox browser (Was on IE8 but it wouldn't load the gallery or home tabs, amongst other annoying features). It doesn't make any difference ticking the remember me box either.
Not a Facebook member either. I feel there's enough corruption in the world without getting stuck into the cyber-slagging clubs. Upside though, whilst they're all at home talking about eachother on their PCs, they're not in Tesco making my weekly shop tedious. I wonder how long it'll be before people are unable to speak face-to-face? There's already lots of "texting spelling" about, & people being led to disaster by their sat-navs. I'll stop now before I start ranting about all the stupidity in the world nowadays...

Re: I keep getting logged out? 11 years 11 months ago #9866

Everyone will be logged out after 60 minutes on no activity. That is for security reasons.
The FB feature makes logging back on again automatic.

-Lars

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.