Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Grasshopper body dimensions help? 11 years 4 months ago #16784

Hi

My first post here. I googled this forum to get some help with a project, mating a tamiya grasshopper body to an associated b4.1 chassis.

To get an understanding on how complicated this will be (aiming at a nice end result). I wanted to ask any grasshopper owner here if they could be so kind as to measure the grasshopper body. As I don't have on myself, yet.

Attached a picture to show what measurements I need. But It's the Line marked as "B" that is the most important one for me.

Hoping to get some help :)

Cheers
Radek
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Grasshopper body dimensions help? 11 years 4 months ago #16785

a = 173mm
b = 161mm
c = 75mm
d = 69mm

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: radek

Re: Grasshopper body dimensions help? 11 years 4 months ago #16787

Arduino Inside, now dont want to be nosy but please tell more :whistle:
Can it be driven by gesture or brainwaves ;) ?

Re: Grasshopper body dimensions help? 11 years 4 months ago #16788

Jonny, thank you very much!
A quick sketch with those measurements as a base gave me the answers I wanted. Attached a picture of the b4.1. Taped some paper with the oulines of the grasshopper body to the bottom of the chassis. The width of the center section on the b4.1 is an issue, seems there will be some cutting there B)

Waterbok, I have no idea :) Not my experiment that one, just snagged the picture of the web, only top down picture of the grasshopper I could find.
Attachments:

Re: Grasshopper body dimensions help? 11 years 4 months ago #16789

How about heating the sidewings a bit and bend them into a suitable shape?

Re: Grasshopper body dimensions help? 11 years 4 months ago #16790

Could work!
Will have to decide on a solution once I get the grasshopper body. But all in all the match could have been alot worse.

Re: Grasshopper body dimensions help? 11 years 4 months ago #16806

Looks like that 'Hopper is rigged as a maze-solving robot or something - it's got "whiskers" at the front, probably what the Arduino bits are for

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.