Keyword

TOPIC:

. 10 years 11 months ago #21440

Aye OK. I'll chose either a new Sport Tuned or a used Technigold.

Out of interest what is the bee's knees of electric RC cars at the moment, in any scale or brand?

J

Dont know if qualifies as a car, but I would like to own a RC 20+kg steel something on tracks like a catterpilar. :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

. 10 years 11 months ago #21452

:woohoo: Edou, I reconize you. Did you eard the sound of the x01 in the video? :y: :y: :y:

Avante 2001 10 years 11 months ago #21465

Sounds like in my Humvee video. :silly:
The sonar-like ping in the beginning reminds me of the submarine game I've been playing...

Btw, I think the Avante should be able to handle a mild (off road) brushless.
Thought it's main weaknesses were impact and jumps.
Not so much the drive train...

Last edit: by Edou.

Avante 2001 10 years 11 months ago #21467

On TC I read something it won't really fit (without adjustment) though, plus some tips for the drivetrain :

www.tamiyaclub....ntry394617

Can't hurt to take precautions...

Avante 2001 10 years 11 months ago #21481

it won't really fit (without adjustment)

Nevermind that, I think the original Avante differs quite a bit from the 2001 in that respect. :whistle:

Avante 2001 10 years 11 months ago #21483

Avante 2001 10 years 11 months ago #21484

Indeed closer to the Egress. :y:
This one's completely awesome but I suspect a 5.5T's gonna blow it to smithereens quickly...

Avante 2001 10 years 11 months ago #21501

Small update.

I received the Modelsport Trident XT-20 today, fired it up and it's all ok. I haven't broken anything, and...... I can reverse! I'll need some of those sticky pads to hold it down. Also it states it being 100% waterproof but the on/off switch kida isn't :P

Not sure what to do with the Futaba now but it's pictured too.

What's next? looking at some HiCap dampers and a new motor as a well as the 2.7GHz radio gear. If I can find a cheap enough stick version. Still looking for a new body shell too.

Attachments:

Avante 2001 10 years 11 months ago #21502

;) The on off switch has no interest. I always cut it down. A source of panne

Avante 2001 10 years 11 months ago #21653

Argh!.. I think the motor is finally falling apart so it's a good job I have a used Technigold coming soon.

Aside from the motor physically coming apart I've had this problem where the pinion gear slips from the motor axle and I'm not sure why. I've tightened the grub screw as much as possible but after a couple of minutes of use the gear is loose again. Maybe I need a replacement grub and pinion on top of the 'new' motor.

It also seems misaligned to the next gear.

Attached pic for no real reason other than posterity.

I notice there is a crack in the gearbox cover so I'll need new B parts plastic :/

J

Attachments:

Last edit: by protean.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.