Keyword

TOPIC:

Tamiya #58262 Raybrig NSX 2000 TA-05 IFS 10 years 10 months ago #22679

Guess the new pack can deliver the amps better? :huh:

Yeah, but why? The small one is a Team Orion 1800 mAh 7,2 V Rocket Pack with peaks of 150A.
The big one is a LRP Power Pack 4000mAh (7,2V NiMh) also with 150A peak.
I've asked before if it is a difference if you're using a 4000 or a 1800 mAh battery and i think you was it, who says "no". I know think it is a difference. :P
The batterypacks has same peak and same cablediameter, same plugs. But the 4000er has much more power. The car has definitely much more power. Diff is slipping through and it is fast as it used to be!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tamiya #58262 Raybrig NSX 2000 TA-05 IFS 10 years 10 months ago #22681

How old is the Orion? Maybe it doesn't deliver what it should anymore (or never did)...
If I remember well the question was if capacity influences performance. It shouldn't, just running time. :P
You could check how hot they get after a similar run.
Hottest one can deliver the least amps (in practice)...

Tamiya #58262 Raybrig NSX 2000 TA-05 IFS 10 years 10 months ago #22683

Maybe the cheap loader was crap and the battery is damaged after not so many usage. I'll test it with my new loader.

Tamiya #58262 Raybrig NSX 2000 TA-05 IFS 10 years 10 months ago #22684

Keep in mind there's quite a bit more initial voltage with a pack you've just charged. ;)
If it's anything like mine, you can see the average voltage that it has put out if you do a discharge cycle on the charger...

Last edit: by Edou.

Re:Tamiya #58262 Raybrig NSX 2000 TA-05 IFS 10 years 10 months ago #22727

Funny Day today!

Yesterday i was at my local rc store (TTM Essen). Those guys are cool. I was there with my MR 'cause of dampers and my Ta05 'cause of problems with my digital servo. One man working there wanted to buy my MR! He's also a tamiya collector. The other one, a pro racer, helped me setting up the car. I've bought a set of tamiya-spacer and better damperoil.
Ta05 & MR are running veeery well now :)

Today, i was at a spot, where many rtr-bashers are driving/crashing expensive cars from hpi & traxxas. Also huge 1:5 nitro buggys.
I've started warming up the wheels and than driving high speed. Those 1:10 & 1:8 brushless and nitros hadn't any chance getting the nsx! :> Buggys where flying around because of too hard setup. A 1/8 monsternitro wasn't able to speed up and a hpi touring car was just "stompin around" ^^. The ta05 had no problems with the small bumps in the road. Suspension is very nice now - very nice! :)

Last edit: by funkindemup.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.