Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

TA03F Drifter 10 years 7 months ago #25416

Hi All,

After rebuiding a TA03F/S into a drifter with a ton off hopups i was surprised by the performance off the old warrior, considering it's age it can hold it's on with other modern day drifters of other manufacturers.
But it was mostly intented to be a showcar for meetings, not as a hardcore drifter, so at a scalermeeting a friend sold me a lot off most original 03 hopups and i decided to build a more down to earth all business drifter, this time a normal length 03F.

The bling bling TA03S/F:

The start of the F, old skool CDV's just plain alunimium, everything that wasn't i removed the color from, i made a airscoop for the motor:

The chassis is the FRP version, it's better than carbon because it still has some flex which helps drifting, specially if you're not that good at it as i am :blush: i painted it satin black for a more uniform look and to set the blank aluminium off, a square piece of FRP is used to make a support for the ESC, it will give some counterweight to the motor om the left side:

Something which is becoming my trademark, my homemade ode to Tamiya through the years stickerbomb:

Electronics put in, reardiff locked, the front one way is done with a torque splitter, the little bulb on the steeringarms is filed away to get more turn, all the bolts and screws are replaced by stainless steel ones.

Finally the body, it's a Nissan D1 driftbody, painted in black / gunmetal, th stripes are 3 shades off purple/blue.

Hope you guys like it! Cheers Rick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TA03F Drifter 10 years 7 months ago #25417

:woohoo: Not like it, I love it! I don't know the drifting but you have here an amazing car. Very pretty in the pure fast and furious style :y: :y: :y: Your body is very nice :y:

Last edit: by stingray-63.

TA03F Drifter 10 years 6 months ago #25433

Very cool tricked up ride B) Have you got any action shots :huh: :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

TA03F Drifter 10 years 6 months ago #25435

Nice car :y:

Things have really moved fast in drifting - time was (2010?) that a TA-03F chassis with some sort of saloon or hatchback shell, a big motor, soft shocks on the front, hard shocks on the rear, a locked rear diff, hard tyres & a few minor mods to get more steering lock was considered state of the art (& that's as far as mine ever went); now a tricked out one like this is considered old skool? :blink:

:)

TA03F Drifter 10 years 6 months ago #25437

Thanks guys, glad you like it, and the term old skool is not ment in a offense way, not in the least, but if there's a a part of RC that's been evolving in a lightning fast way it's drifting, i know some guys who even go to Japan and if you see their rides you would be amazed, cars without C-hubs and countersteer into the extreme, in their eyes i'm old skool and proud of it!
@Jonny, i guess your from England? The TA03 chassis was a topseller in the UK back then, in mainland Europe it never sold as good as let's say a TL01, i did race a David Junn and later a TRF version but al lot off people in those days switched to other brands cause they didn't like the limited choice of spur in the 03, specially in my country Holland Corally became very populair on the tracks.
for me it's great, the 03 is still one of my favorites and here you can still pick up a decent one for next to nothing, the few i sold over the years all went to the UK, mostly England, i guess it's still very in demand there.

TA03F Drifter 10 years 6 months ago #26042

Sow, the TA03F/S drifter had a Toyota body which i didn't like very much, the colors were a bit off what i had in mind, the nice people at Vallejo send me 12 colors to try ou but most of them are translucent so it's trial and error time.
Here's version 2, a 911 body in 'drifterlook' whatever you think, it sure is different!

The old body i gave to a friend:

The new look:

Thanks for watching! Cheers Rick

TA03F Drifter 10 years 6 months ago #26044

:silly: Every so nice the 993 gt2 :y:
The corolla is fun too!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.361 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.