Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

TA03S F/R? 10 years 6 months ago #25829

Hi Guys,

For my own site i set myself a goal a few months ago, build some 03's in different versions which still can keep up today, all in honor of the designers of Tamiya, who were way ahead in time, if you consider the first TA03 came out more than 25 years ago it's amazing.

So if you are not bored by it here's the last version, after a TA03S/R onroad and a LWB and SWB drifter here's the rally version, a TA03S F/R, the last two capitols means it has 2 engines.
It's fairley standard, no special things and the normal bathtub chassis.
Most parts are new however and so are all the bearings, it has 2 LRP 'cup' motors, i don't know how it's regulated in other countries but Cup means it's legal in a normal trackmeet and race.
So maybe i can enter a rallycup this winter somewhere in my country.
The chassis is done, normal spidergear diffs with some very thick oil so i get some kind of limited slipdiff effect, some much needed stabilizers and a carbon strip as a upperdeck to get some stiffness in the chassis.
And now thinking what kind of body to put on......

Here are the pics:

Thanks for watching, Rick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TA03S F/R? 10 years 6 months ago #25831

I did this with a TA02/FF01.
The result is a double torque but same speed. Probably with double torque you can get lower gear ratio and obtain good acceleration with high speed.
Not sure about ground clearance with the TA03.
How many years ago the TA03? 25? Are you sure?

Max

TA03S F/R? 10 years 6 months ago #25833

No i'm not :blush: I got a little carried away, the first one was the R type chassis, motor mounted at the front, 58177, i guess 94 / 95 in europe?

TA03S F/R? 10 years 6 months ago #25850

:lol: The first TA03 was the audi A4 DTM and the pro version

TA03S F/R? 10 years 6 months ago #25851

Took al look at my Tamiyabible, first there was the 58177 in the autumn of 95, the Pro beltdrive chassis, a few months later in 96 followed by 58182, the Audi A4.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

TA03S F/R? 10 years 6 months ago #26041

When the chassis was finished i took it out for a spin, and it performed very well, so nistead of a rallyversion i turned it into a trackracer, changed the oil in the shocks and smaller pinions for faster turning and curvespeed.
The re-release 911 body was painted in Gulf livery, nice retro look and a ode to the widowmaker 917:

Thanks for watching, Rick

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.