Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hex Screw Kits for Lunchbox & Clod Buster? 1 year 3 months ago #73549

Aloha fellow Tamiya friends,

After years away (over 20!) I got to live up to my childhood dreams and received a Lunchbox and Grey Super Clod for the holidays. While I know there's a ton of cool upgrades to chase later, I'm looking at starting conservatively while I relearn everything again. I'm looking at doing bearings out of the box but also considering screw kits - I find a lot of stainless steel offerings but I've been seeing a lot of suggestions to find high grade tensile steel instead and I don't see much out there.

Anyone have some solid suggestions there? Only thing I've found are these kits from an EU maker called RC-Schrauben like so: rc-schrauben.de...teel-black and while they look great, I've no idea if this company is reputable or not.

Any guidance would be most welcome and mahalo in advance :)

The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hex Screw Kits for Lunchbox & Clod Buster? 1 year 3 months ago #73558

Welcome from NH!! I like the way you are starting out, we love pictures here too!!! 

Hex Screw Kits for Lunchbox & Clod Buster? 1 year 3 months ago #73570

Hi there.

Team KNK do bolt kits for these.
They also has a monster bag with 700 pieces in both black and stainless. There is also a mega bag with 1500 pieces. Great for custom builds or stocking up hardware.

Lunchbox
teamknkhardware...h-box.html  Stainless.

Clod
teamknkhardware...e-kit.html Black oxide
teamknkhardware...e-kit.html Stainless

Lunchbox is mosty 3x12 screws and here is a link to black socket cap screws if you want to install self tappers as per orginal
www.ebay.com/it...BMque_zbFh

And ni-plated versions if you want that
www.ebay.com/it...R6bnv82xYQ

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by caprinut.

Hex Screw Kits for Lunchbox & Clod Buster? 1 year 3 months ago #73571

Hey there guys - thanks for the welcome.

Caprinut - I definitely have seen those but as they are stainless I'd been cautioned to avoid them and look for high grade steel options instead but it doesn't really look like many companies make such.

I still appreciate the links! I do have those bookmarked and might try the KNK Lunchy one just to see - I'm not exactly going extreme bashing here just yet and would need to change more than just screws if I was *laughs*

And since everyone loves pics, my 2 favorite cars ever still in their boxes - starting on Lunchy soon, just finishing up a few more electronics/hardware purchases (bearings - gotta have bearings!)

Hex Screw Kits for Lunchbox & Clod Buster? 1 year 3 months ago #73572

I would have selected this then.
700 pieces of 3mm in black oxide in both 3x 6,8,10,12,14,16,20,25,30 lengths in both button head )25x) and cap head (50x) (flat concave head or cylindric head with allen key hole)
You will have enough for both vehicles and some more. May have to tap holes with M3 tap as these are machine screws.

Black cap head bolts are always 12.9 grade. I use only those on my crawlers for the last 17 years. Most button heads in blaxk oxide is 12.9 as well.
Plenty stronger than normal silver machine screws.

teamknkhardware...black.html
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

Last edit: by caprinut.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.