Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

'90s Mustang 10 months 2 weeks ago #75426

OK, so I got this car from my grandpa for my birthday, after I mentioned how cool it was, since it would look just like my dad's full sized car but be an electric R/C 4wd car with a fully independent suspension (which, my dad swapped into his). He got it pre-built for me, and the first thing I really did to it was put some sticky tires on it. Still pretty much stock at that point though.

Then more recently I got more into the rally side of things. I gave it 60mm Yeah Racing shocks/springs (effectively a 2" lift in real size), and made the necessary mods to make that work (including the Yeah Racing steering system, as the old one was AWFUL unless the suspension didn't move). I drove it in the snow and was having a blast, until I went over a little jump and the ESC was jolted and died. (Also I was back on the stock tires, as the sticky ones were awful in the snow)

So then I went quite awhile without messing with it; I just had other stuff to do. I wound up with some Amazon gift cards racked up, and bought a 1060 ESC, a Yeah Racing 13T motor (my excuse is that one is waterproof), and the Yeah Racing CV-type axle shafts.

Took it for a spin today and I can carefully get it up to the previous top speed, on dry concrete, and spin all 4 tires from that speed. I ruined my sticky tires, and I'm tempted to get another set, but I'm trying to figure out what to go with for tires. I really like these wheels; they look a lot like the stock wheels from my dad's car (he used to keep the track tires on them), so I'm mostly looking for tire suggestions.

vrchobbies.com/...e-set-5016

I'm also wondering what others recommend for off-road type tires. These ones don't stand a chance of hooking up even on pavement; gravel is awful, and I'd hate to even pretend to try on snow/ice.

Thanks guys!
TT-01E
'95 Cobra R body
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Al, Lemsko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

'90s Mustang 10 months 2 weeks ago #75428

For the off road tires you can opt for rallye blocks tires from tamiya
The following user(s) Liked this: white90smustang

'90s Mustang 10 months 2 weeks ago #75429

I agree with Flo. Tamiya rally block tires is one the best for dirt and gravel. I espect them to do good on ice as well.

My Focus project feature studded tires. I belive they will do great on ice.
Started out with Tamiya Rally Block tires.
I think I used 2.3x6mm screws to make studs.
First I drilled the holes in the knobs with 1.5mm drill bit than screwed them from the inside.
When fitted I used some super glue to secure the screws and then added foam before fitting them to the rims.

tamiyabase.com/...ct?start=0
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, white90smustang

Last edit: by caprinut.

'90s Mustang 10 months 2 weeks ago #75430

I used 3x6 mm or 8 on a set of ice rally blocks to. But I only screwed them . But on my madcap my dad used carpet spikes in used tires and glued with araldite. They worked fine. And nice sparckles on classic ground
The following user(s) Liked this: white90smustang

'90s Mustang 10 months 2 weeks ago #75437

Thanks guys! Rally blocks it is...

For ice, I doubt I'll use these current tires for anything else and they do fine in the snow; I may just poke some screws through the stock tires I have.

I love that once I get my set of road tires, I'll be able to put it in road or off-road mode from the other in about 5 minutes--that'll be awesome!

I hope I started this thread in the right section. I apologize if I didn't.
TT-01E
'95 Cobra R body
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by white90smustang.

'90s Mustang 10 months 2 weeks ago #75438

Yep correct section sir 
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

'90s Mustang 10 months 1 week ago #75462

Sweet, thanks!
TT-01E
'95 Cobra R body

'90s Mustang 10 months 1 week ago #75464

here is mine on a ta02 special edition almost full options.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

'90s Mustang 10 months 1 week ago #75467

Niiiiiiice👍

Wait the body has no scratches...you HAVE driven it, right? 😜
TT-01E
'95 Cobra R body
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

'90s Mustang 10 months 1 week ago #75472

Thats a beauty Flo!! Haven't seen one of those in a while.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.