Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Which Chassis to use for a Wildcat 12 years 1 month ago #8141

I am wanting to build a copy of a QT Wildcat Dakar type racer (formelly known as a Bowler wildcat) Using a Kamteck Body but I am confused as to what chassis I should use. I think a CC-01 or CC-03 or DFR-01 or..???

I e-mailed them but the reply I got was any 1/10 chassis - I dont think my Bigwig is going to work for that some how!
I have seen others but there (seem to me) so many options / differecnces

Please can some one tell me the one to use

thanks

Hay Ewe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Which Chassis to use for a Wildcat 12 years 1 month ago #8145

What are your exact plans for driving? A CC-01 is a lot more off road than a DF-01...
But generally I'd say a DF-01 chassis (the TA01-TA02, not the buggy) is most suited for a Dakar car.
You'd need the chassis from a Lancer, Cayenne or Hummer then.

www.tamiyausa.c...t-id=58421

Re: Which Chassis to use for a Wildcat 12 years 1 month ago #8149

1/10 buggy chassis are (generally) out - but their wheelbase & width is a pretty good match for 1/8 road car shells...

I echo Edou's point about what you want to do with it - if you want to load it down with scale accessories & go slowly through the woods, a muddy trail or a river bed, then it's got to be the CC chassis & throw all the mods you can at it...

If you want to razz about on some (fairly tame) grass or dirt, then Edou's suggestion of a TA01/02 is a good one - but even though I have an irrational loathing of it, a TL01 with some slightly longer shocks & bigger wheels to lift it would probably be cheaper/simpler.

I used a Frog chassis on my ABS Wildcat body, with Pajero wheelie wheels ... not a great match for the 260mm wheelbase, 204mm width (depending on where you cut the wheelarches, or 180mm if you don't count the wheelarches at all) of the body, bit it looks ok. Almost completely useless as a scaler though, and too top heavy to drive it like a buggy ...

Bearing that in mind, I think a TA01/02 chassis & a polycarbonate shell to keep the weight as low down as possible is probably the best match to your "rally racer" concept :)

Re: Which Chassis to use for a Wildcat 12 years 1 month ago #8181

Another option could be the DF-03Ra... B)
Although I think this has a slightly smaller wheel width and should be heightened a bit for this particular purpose.
But the chassis is a great design - and very durable.

:y:

Re: Which Chassis to use for a Wildcat 12 years 1 month ago #8184

If it were me, & I was going to go the scaler route, it would have to be a 'special' - as far as I'm aware, Bowler bought in standard landys & modified them. This being the case, for a scaler you'd want a ladder chassis, live (Rigid) axles & coil springs. This would probably mean Hilux, TLT, CR01 or Highlift axles & Hilux/Bruiser chassis with special spring mounts for the coils. Thinking about it, a CR01 would probably be a good choice too.
If you just want to plonk it on a chassis & go play, CC01 would be best in my opinion, or possibly TL01 with long shocks

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.