Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sherman tank 56014 model kit number. 10 years 8 months ago #23850

I posted the pics on TC maybe we get lucky there B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sherman tank 56014 model kit number. 10 years 6 months ago #25154

Well here is an update,I finished the tank and am pleased with it.Except guess what the lights do not work and am wondering if my bit of Y shaped harness is for this.The only thing is still unsure what goes on the other end of the spare plug if I put it in the MF unit.The wiring colours are Tamiya and I havel looked and asked people about it.But blank.

If I plug it in do I risk damaging the MF unit?
thank you.

Sherman tank 56014 model kit number. 10 years 6 months ago #25155

I thought you might like to see a picture!..I always like looking at them myself.
As orignally posted it was a 105 Sherman and then I bought the bits to convert it.It was a lot more expensive than I realised,but as I started I had to carry on,probably cheaper to buy the 56032 kit.I found it hard to find one,people advertised them,then did not have any in stock.
Some things are not obvious,like you need the 56032 upper hull,as the turret ring motor is at diffrent dimensions,you could probably engineer it out,but it looked hard to me.I built a 1/35 one first to practise as this was my first big tank build from scratch.I thought I would get a hull like the 1/35 one ,but its the same just yellow,but with diffrent mounts for the turret motor.the exhaust and engine mounts are the sameand wrong really.
I bought my bits from AAF tank museum in the USA who were great and fast on delivery.UK customs and Parcel Force were the bad factor in that it added about a third to the parts cost....but no regrets.
Still need to buy a MF-07 unit and the longer gun flash unit.

Attachments:

Sherman tank 56014 model kit number. 10 years 6 months ago #25173

Very cool, I'm not a big Tank person but they do look neat :) Will you be adding more painted detail to it, like the gas can's, various hatches and the like :huh:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Sherman tank 56014 model kit number. 10 years 6 months ago #25224

I am going to weathe rit a bit with my air brush,I starte dto paint it with Tamiya cans of paint,but them it got to expensive.So I played around for ages mixing to get the colur correct.You cannot buy the light sand in pots,so I mixed it up.I plan to give it a dust over,add some nets I made from bandages and dish cloths soaked in paint and hey presto!

Sherman tank 56014 model kit number. 10 years 6 months ago #25228

A Sherman tank with four kills to it's name! Bring it on Komrade!

Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.