Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

58602 Mitsubishi Pajero Rally vs other CC01 8 years 3 months ago #36377

Hello, All!

Sorry, but i have strange question. Why 58602 in database as Rally model, but all other CC01 - as Offroad?

Same chassis at all CC01, right? I can buy other body and build at 58602 "Offroad" model?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58602 Mitsubishi Pajero Rally vs other CC01 8 years 3 months ago #36381

Not sure if I understand the question, but not all other with CC-01 chassis are described as offroad, several are "street", the 58324 Touareg is also described as "Rally" (larbut could probably say where those descriptors come from).

If the question is does the 58602 kit have a CC-01 chassis, then yes, it says that in the database - and I can confirm that it's a standard CC-01 chassis. It has a polycarbonate body, just as a lot of the more modern CC-01s do :(
Attachments:

58602 Mitsubishi Pajero Rally vs other CC01 8 years 3 months ago #36382

But what different? Only body?
Polycarbonate is bad? Only ABS, only hardcore? )

58602 Mitsubishi Pajero Rally vs other CC01 8 years 3 months ago #36384

Hi Fangorn, and welcome to TamiyaBase. :y:

The "Model type" classification is a classification of the model, not the chassis. One could say it's a classification of what the model "looks like".

The Model Type classification is inspired by Tamiya's own classification in their Japanese catalogues. For models where I don't have catalogue info I've had to do my own classification, and I'm sure some of them can be discussed :cheer:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

58602 Mitsubishi Pajero Rally vs other CC01 8 years 3 months ago #36385

I like ABS because it can be stripped, repaired and repainted (or modified if you like), usually the only way to fix a beaten up polycarbonate body is to buy a new (or reproduction) one.

CC-01 chassis are all fundamentally the same, the things that change are the wheels and tyres, wheelbase (depends on driveshaft length and rear suspension mount points), the body, and old ones came with a mechanical speed control, later & current models with an electronic speed control.

58602 Mitsubishi Pajero Rally vs other CC01 8 years 3 months ago #36386

Thanks, m8s!

I want build tamiya cc01 many years, and now i do it, with your help )

I do right choice? What i need also for success? I know about paint, ball bearings, radio and servo, battery... maybe i don't know anything also...?)

58602 Mitsubishi Pajero Rally vs other CC01 8 years 3 months ago #36394

Hi welcome, there are loads off options for a CC01 depending on what you want to use it for.

If you are starting with Tamiya have a look at Blackholesun website to get an overview (also in French)

He also has two nice articles on the CC01.

Landfreeder
and
Pajero HT

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.