Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5 evo 2 Zakspeed 7 years 4 months ago #41878

got a mercedes-benz 190e Diebels Alt Zakspeed from Tamiya, would be my first PS body I paint since the F40 (were I did some huge mistakes here and there) I hope Luck would stick on my side this Time...

posted this on "look what I got" sf, here is the proper assembly, ordered the paints, until they arrive I am biding and trying to advance on where I can. For starters, "Hey man where are my shell emblems?"

there are two per side, but Tamiya model has nothing... And about stickers, do Tamiya stickers appear to suck or it's just me? I applied them on the wing, and had to subjugate them with paper tape so they stick, I hope they stick more on lexan...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5 evo 2 Zakspeed 7 years 4 months ago #41879

found I can use a electric oven set to 80º Celsius, put there the back spoiler with stickers applied and heat softens the plastic sticker base so it applies itself flat on the surface... Easy peasy

Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5 evo 2 Zakspeed 7 years 4 months ago #41910

completed :angry: still made my deal of mistakes, but general result seems to improve. (My bigger mistake was trying to put the big Diebels Alt sticker on bonnet first, realizing I placed it not centered and try to peel it out to correct it , it seems you can't do it with Tamiya stickers, they appear to self destruct when you try to remove it, breaking in little specs.) so on my list lies first now acquiring another set of stickers, the morrow I'l post a picture.

Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5 evo 2 Zakspeed 7 years 4 months ago #41915

does anyone know of the method for wet applying decals to polycarbonate shells? i have heard of people using water with a drop of detergent in so the decals can be moved around for more accurate application? as i will hopefully be doing my super sabre shell if all go's to plan id like to know the correct method to do this? does anyone have any ecperience and can you share any pitfalls.

regards

I think you've got it pretty much covered there ... 1 drop of fairy liquid in a large bowl, or half a drop in a plastic takeaway tray, more soap gives you more adjustment time but takes a lot longer to dry, less soap is more grippy & quicker drying.

Don't use TP to squeegee water out, it's just too fibrous. Good quality kitchen roll works well. Keep your fingers wet before you touch the adhesive as it can still pick up fingerprints, if something won't stick, don't keep pushing it as you can rub the colour off. Check your work every couple of hours to see if anything has lifted, and leave it 24 hours before using the shell for the adhesive to "cure", and at least that long if you are planning to clearcoat over them :)

edit - realised I could have been a bit more clear -

- cut out the decals
- peel off the backing without touching the adhesive (use a craft knife or similar
- dunk the decal in the water
- wet the area on the shell it's going on
- put the decal in place
- adjust
- squeegee out the water/press the decal down: start at one end & work across, or start in the middle and work outwards

:)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5 evo 2 Zakspeed 7 years 4 months ago #41917

Late...

found I can apparently move away smaller sponsors by rpping them with a Xacto knife and repositioning them (but late for bonnet sponsor.)
Attachments:

Last edit: by Dash_Crash.

Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5 evo 2 Zakspeed 7 years 4 months ago #41918

:y: it looks pretty Dash. Largely better than your f40.

Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5 evo 2 Zakspeed 7 years 4 months ago #41934

don't forget the f40 is special for me...

:angry:

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5 evo 2 Zakspeed 7 years 4 months ago #41940

:P Don't worry. It's just that this 190 evo is very pretty.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.