Keyword

TOPIC:

My M chassis builds 3 years 3 weeks ago #66057

Good stuff Jonny.  I found some "rust" paint on the internet, it was about £12 for a small kit. but that does rust all over..  Rootbeer colour is great for rust effect. I've done a few pics of faux metal panels with rusty rivets and rust running down the panel. 
Regards

Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My M chassis builds 3 years 3 weeks ago #66091

THE detail. I love it.
how did you paint it? Airbrush spray or brush? I would like to do a side add on my lunchy. But no idea how to do. 

Camel is several coats of XF-3 Flat Yellow through an airbrush, peeled the stencil sticker & (badly) brushed XF-85 Rubber Black.

I've given the doors a slight rubbing down with 1500 grit wet & dry, brushed (and partially sanded off) the F O R D on the tailgate, & also painted the load bed "planks", dry brushed them in grey & Hull Red, then "varnished" with a mix of X-19 Smoke, X-28 Clear Orange & X-21 Flat Base.

:)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

My M chassis builds 3 years 3 weeks ago #66092

Bits & bobs back from the shed, in "Chrome Look", Satin Black & "Aluminium Coat2.

Black bits dry brushed with XF-16 Flat Aluminium, then everything dry brushed with XF-9 Hull Red:

Small amount of matt orange (X-6 Orange/X-21 Flat Base mix):

Wash of dilute Humbrol "Rust", front end & bumper assembled & yellow/red vinyl added:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Frogfish42, jord001

My M chassis builds 3 years 3 weeks ago #66096

Wahhhooo. Exciting.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

My M chassis builds 3 years 2 weeks ago #66180

Painted interior/driver & detail bits :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Edou, stingray-63, Al, Frogfish42, Lemsko, jord001

My M chassis builds 3 years 2 weeks ago #66188

Great job.  Should look great when its together. 
Regards

Lee

My M chassis builds 2 years 7 months ago #68400

I still feel a bit sad about letting this one go - so have bought another :D

I plan to build this exactly the same (apart from bagging stuff up & waiting until December) so started by trimming & drilling the body - apart from where body post are supposed to go. I used the kit masking for the windows & lights, then added more so I can spray the roof white later.

Colour is Cobalt Green again - this time backed with Blue Violet. Tamiya Model Magazine ran a build article very recently & painted theirs red - which looked better than the boxart blue too, IMO.

I've since peeled the roof masking & got three coats of white on, hopefully I can back that with silver tomorrow.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001

My M chassis builds 2 years 7 months ago #68401

thats a great deja vu

My M chassis builds 2 years 7 months ago #68402

Yeahhhhh Jonny you coukdn't leave it. Woohhhhooooooooo karmann is back to jonny's workshop. 👏👏👏
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001

My M chassis builds 2 years 7 months ago #68409

Me like 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds