Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Synthetic rubber cement step 10 Toyota Bruiser 2 years 2 months ago #70440

Hello
Actually I am working on the Toyota bruiser (RN36) . In step 10 (Leaf spring) on some pieces it is said to apply some synthetic cement. I have only Tamiya cement ABS (87137). 
Is this cement suitable? Could you please give me the Tamiya reference , because I would not like to do mistake here...
Thank you very much for your help
best regards
Erik

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Synthetic rubber cement step 10 Toyota Bruiser 2 years 2 months ago #70443

Hello
Actually I am working on the Toyota bruiser (RN36) . In step 10 (Leaf spring) on some pieces it is said to apply some synthetic cement. I have only Tamiya cement ABS (87137). 
Is this cement suitable? Could you please give me the Tamiya reference , because I would not like to do mistake here...
Thank you very much for your help
best regards
Erik

I had the same issue when I built my 2012 Bruiser - Tamiya don't make such a glue. I can't remember if I used the "vulcanising solution" from a bicycle inner tube repair kit, or a contact adhesive (Evostick Impact) myself. "Rubber Toughened" Cyanoacrylate glue would be an alternative. Fishing waders / wetsuit repair like "Stormsure" is the most rubbery glue I can think of - but is not widely available, is expensive, and goes off very quickly in the tube, rendering the rest useless. 

ABS / plastic kit glues are definitely wrong.

The HG P407 - basically a Chinese copy of the "new" Bruiser - doesn't mention glue at all - but does show the same shaded areas in the drawing - so I think Tamiya only suggest it to make it slightly easier to assemble the leafsprings to the axle. Can't say I missed it when I built one of those very recently.

Short answer - try without :)

Synthetic rubber cement step 10 Toyota Bruiser 2 years 2 months ago #70446

I built mine dry. No glue on leaf springs

Synthetic rubber cement step 10 Toyota Bruiser 2 years 2 months ago #70457

Hello
Thanks a lot for your very helpful suggestions. 
I used cyanoacrylate glue to fix the axle mount on Part D4 . I suppose as you that this is only recommended and not mandatory. 
Now I am strugeling to get the right angle....
Thanks 
best regards 
Erik

Synthetic rubber cement step 10 Toyota Bruiser 2 years 2 months ago #70466

I can confirm that this adhesive is only there to hold the part in place while assembling.  You can use whatever you like (including nothing), but the intent is for some time of flexible adhesive like Shoe-Goo or something with silicone.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.