Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

M-05 servo mounting problems (different heights of servo mounts) 2 years 2 months ago #70527

Dear TamiyaBase members,
between my vintage Tamiya restorations I am currently building an easy-build M-05 Flower Power Type 2. I can't figure out how to install the servo. The servo mounts have different heights compared to the base of the chassis. You have this B4 servo mount part, but it does not help. Is the servo really mounted in an angle in the M-05 chassis?

- I already have a pretty flat servo (23,7mm from servo shoulders / wings (?) to base) but it still touches the base of the chassis, so there is a gap between front servo mount and servo shoulder. This bothers me. Is it supposed to be like that? The manual states 30mm height for the servo (base to shoulder). I am already below this. 

- Additionally to this, mounting it on the rear servo mount will result in an angled servo, since the rear servo mount is higher.

What am I doing wrong? Or is this just an interesting design.... and supposed to be like that? 

Thanks and cheers to all of you

MetalMaxx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

M-05 servo mounting problems (different heights of servo mounts) 2 years 2 months ago #70529

There should be a bit of paper showing an amendment to the manual - there's an additional spacer (end view looks like an elongated figure 8, I guess it's about 8mm high?) & longer screws on the front end of the servo :) 

M-05 servo mounting problems (different heights of servo mounts) 2 years 2 months ago #70531

Attachments:

M-05 servo mounting problems (different heights of servo mounts) 2 years 2 months ago #70532

Thanks Jonny, you saved my day :-) I found the part. The additional Manual sheet however is missing in my box. Strange. Thanks for posting it here:-)

Cheers
MetalMaxx

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.