Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Slipping Gears on Top-Force Evo 2 months 4 weeks ago #77635

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can put me out of my misery! I've built a Tamiya Top-Force Evo with my son and upon completion noticed that when accelerating quickly there was slippage in the cogs and acceleration was slow. Furthermore, if the car went on grass the wheels would stop and all we can hear is cogs slipping. I assumed it might be related to the tightness/looseness of the elements of the differential spur gear, and have readjusted a few times. It seems that either I tighten the elements to a point at which they are too tight (and it affects the ability of the wheels to turn) or it is too loose, causing gears to slip. Am I lookin in the right place? Could it be something else, e.g. the cog on the motor, or any other cog? I'm hoping someone might have had a similar issue and can help me get to the bottom of the problem. Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Slipping Gears on Top-Force Evo 2 months 4 weeks ago #77639

Tighten the pinion set screw enough?
Glued the tires?

Slipping Gears on Top-Force Evo 2 months 4 weeks ago #77642

Ball diff aren't enough tighten, or front one way if equipped in the wrong side, and like richard said, motor pinion untighten or tires sleeping on the rims.
other solution if it is a used tfe, diffs outers too used .

Slipping Gears on Top-Force Evo 2 months 3 weeks ago #77721

Too tight is probably a better bet than too loose because the latter could actually melt the diff balls and fuse it all together. I think the only problem with the former is less ability to make tight corners.
The following user(s) Liked this: pdbeau73

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.