Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Project brushless Monster Beetle 11 years 7 months ago #13245

Super Stocks are great and they look excellent as well. B) :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Project brushless Monster Beetle 11 years 6 months ago #13823

Finally got around to painting and fitting the driver. This was my first 'real' attempt at painting a driver so still plenty of room for improvement and experimenting in the future. My colour choice is questionable (he kinda reminds me of Ronald McDonald!) but he looks okay in the car.

Attachments:

Re: Project brushless Monster Beetle 11 years 5 months ago #15108

The reason I decided on a Technigold motor was because I remember seeing an old promo video which did list the technigold motor as an upgrade for the Monster Beetle. Maybe this video was made after the beetle had already been around for a few years, I don't know.

Cheers!

RJ

Re: Project brushless Monster Beetle 11 years 5 months ago #15109

I also see that the Technigold was recommended as an upgrade in the promo for the Striker :blink: :silly:

Re: Project brushless Monster Beetle 11 years 5 months ago #15110

Likey just the advertising folks following procedures for entering copy hahaha..."well, this looks like it will fit..."

Re: Project brushless Monster Beetle 11 years 3 months ago #17674

I love monster beetles, having issues with the colour not being red. But that said it looks sick and it would look great in my collection :laugh:

Project brushless Monster Beetle 11 years 2 months ago #18371

Not sure if you guys thought about this but the turns on those brushless are pointless to pay attention to. You can have a 5500kv in both 6.5t and 8.5t, not to mention the 380 cans. If this is what you were playing with "9T@4300KV 3650M " then try to imagine how much faster the truck is then you want it to be. IE if its twice as fast as your target speed then try to find a tacon/hobbywing/hk etc... that is about 2150kv. This is what I bought for my wifes Midnight Pumpkin "Tacon 2848-380L-18T Brushless Motor 2100KV for 1/10 1/12 Car Trucks". I'm thinking of about a 2600kv for my MB mod project. 7.4v X 2100KV = 15540 RPM est, pretty darn close to a stock 540 but with the advantages of brushless. Have fun guys and hope this helps. (correct me if I'm wrong :whistle: )

Re: Project brushless Monster Beetle 11 years 2 months ago #18381

;) My baja had its original engine. The pipe was a canon model. The sound was: :woohoo: with blue flames :evil:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.