• Page:

TOPIC:

Bear Hawk 11 years 6 months ago #14776

• Stevepi
  • Stevepi's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Hi folks

I am fixing up a bear hawk and the body is IK but I am fitting the Carson DT02 aftermarket wheels and tyres so I am thinking of a new body. The bear hawk body's are a bit thin on the ground. I could put a blitzer beetle body on as I have the mounts for it but has anyone fitted something else a bit different?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Bear Hawk 11 years 6 months ago #14796

Welcome on the forum, Stevepi. Long time member already , I see. :y:

You could go the Blitzer Beetle - Stadium Thunder/Blitzer way (or another truck shell) but with a wing mount, I reckon you'd be able to turn it into almost any of the later vintage buggies. Basic dimensions should be quite universal.
But I gotta say I really really like the Bear Hawk!

Re: Bear Hawk 11 years 6 months ago #14798

How good are your body post making skills? - the world is your oyster!
Have a look at Kamtec.co.uk for cheap bodies & ideas.
Measure the axle centres & width, & ask for these measurements when looking at body shells, so you get some idea of what would look ok.

I've found that chassis with chunky rear & narrow front wheels/tyres look best with VW Beetle or frame-buggy looks, whereas 4x same-size big wheels look best with car/truck bodies.

The axle-centre measurement is fairly important & can give you grief fitting a "full" body (Car/truck etc) on a buggy chassis, whereas frame-buggy type bodies seem to look ok on pretty much anything. 255mm is the magic number for wheel centres on 1/10 cars, you can get away with +/- 5mm before they start to look really odd, but this usually involves chopping out wheel arches to make it look right

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.