Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dyna Storm build 11 years 6 months ago #14899

Hello all, i've finally got the part i needed to start rebuilding my Dyna Storm, thanks to Eduo, he was able to buy from a company in Germany for me and post it to me, so Eduo, thank you very much. Below are some photos of the build so far, my problem is that i tend to build and forget to take a photo, so i hope you enjoy.
Also I have used allot of parts from the Tamiya TR15, i reckon it looks good in grey and black.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Dyna Storm build 11 years 6 months ago #14902

That's just lovely. One of the finest buggies ever... B)
Looking forward to the progress!

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Dyna Storm build 11 years 6 months ago #14904

thanks mate, here's more of the build,

Re: Dyna Storm build 11 years 6 months ago #14937

and here's some more of the build, it's getting closer to be finished, looks like all i need now is some rear uni's and a body, body i will get from Team Blue Groove, i am sending him a couple of original bodys i have to be repro, the rear unis i'm looking at a modern Tamiya TRF201 or 501/502, i'm not sure of the lenght of the original Dyna Storm so if anyone knows, can you please let me know, thanks
I've also changed the front shock tower, not sure what i changed it with but it fit, i think its a Dyna Blaster shock tower. I needed to do this so i can fit the shocks.

Re: Dyna Storm build 11 years 6 months ago #14938

Here's the photos of the new shock tower

cheers

Attachments:

Re: Dyna Storm build 11 years 6 months ago #14939

Great build! That MDC looks cool B)
Can't wait to start on building mine.
Keep us posted when you get the parts you still need.

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Re: Dyna Storm build 11 years 4 months ago #16184

Here's the photos of the new shock tower

cheers

You lucky man! The front shock tower you mount is really rare. Dyna Blaster mounts is made of plastic, TR-15T is made of fiberglass. The part you have is probably an optional part made by Tamiya or some other brand. Or maybe is handmade.
Can I have please a 1:1 scale template of it?
Do you know that with shock tower the Dyna Storm body couldn't fit?

Many thanks

Max

Last edit: by Kontemax.

Re: Dyna Storm build 11 years 4 months ago #16197

hi Max,
not sure of the brand on the shock tower, yes i knew it was for the Dyna Blaster and TR15F, i can scan it for you, also i didn't know the body wouldn't fit with it on, i haven't got the body yet.
cheers Rob

Re: Dyna Storm build 11 years 4 months ago #16201

Hi, I'm just toying with my Dynas in these days, restoring the Blaster and cleaning the Storm and I did try the Storm body on the Blaster chassis and no way, the Blaster shock tower is too narrow for the Storm body nose. It's a crime to cut the Dyna Storm nose.
I broke the front and rear suspension arms and I'm thinking to made them with carbon fiber sheet. Also thinking to redrawn them and make me cut by a company that do these objects with carbon fiber sheets. I need to learn the cad drawing.
A 1:1 scan of the part would be a big help. Many thanks.

Max

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.