Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

tamiya avante qd 11 years 4 months ago #16406

my brother has a tamiya avante qd, it runs perfectly, but in needs a little tlc.
anyhoo, the rear tires were slicks from burnouts and whatnot. we needed new tires.
my dad found a cheap rc car somewhere and i could take the rear wheels off, and the hexes were the same size as the avante ones but had heaps of plastic surrounding them, a few minuts with the drill helped fix that

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: tamiya avante qd 11 years 4 months ago #16409

I've always wondered if QD rims are the same size as something else maybe 1/12 or 1/16 - could you have a measure & post your findings?

A cheap source of tyres might be foam pipe insulation tube, or foam bicycle handlebar grip tube, if you don't mind foam tyres.
I've also seen small rubber tank tracks on Ebay, maybe these could be bonded to bald tyres?

Nice bit of adaptation you've done there!

Re: tamiya avante qd 11 years 4 months ago #16414

tire outer diameter 6cm
tire iner diameter 4.9cm (the bead which locks into the rim)
rim width (rear) 3.1cm
rim width (front) 3.2cm
rim outer diameter 4.3cm
rim inner diameter 3.8cm (estimated)
hex size 6mm

hope that helps

also me and my brother, have been trying to get up a small dirt ledge, its really hard, the rocks have been chewing threw the spikes on the tires
will post a vid soon

Last edit: by zephyrin.

Re: tamiya avante qd 11 years 4 months ago #16425

Sounds like the wheels are about Rough Rider size then? Tyres are smaller though

Re: tamiya avante qd 11 years 4 months ago #16552

old wheels worn out

new wheels

Attachments:

Re: tamiya avante qd 11 years 4 months ago #16593

I think I prefer those green wheels to the originals! I take it you can't get matching fronts?

Re: tamiya avante qd 11 years 4 months ago #16594

i havnt bothered to mod the front wheels, i dont really need them, but i might do it one day

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.