Keyword

TOPIC:

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 2 months ago #19676

Fugly is more like it. Banzai hobby has them going cheap. 88 USD I think. I'm a sucker for the odd ball stuff. Ill end up with the green grasshopper and the farm king too. And maybe the black edition big wheels.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 2 months ago #19692

:cry:
The shipping cost is over my budget and more expensive than the car :(

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 2 months ago #19695

That stinks. Shipping for me is only about $25. The worlds postal services have gotten out of hand on their shipping costs.

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 2 months ago #19711

:angry:
The hornet costs 66€ and the shipping 68€ :huh:

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 1 month ago #19887

Yay it's here. Got her disassembled ,bagged, catalogued and ready for cleaning and a mild chassis sanding. Shocks and body showed up yesterday. Still waiting on the D tree to come from the UK, but if things go well I'll rob the parts from my brushless grasshopper and replace them when the new ones show.
The body GH body is trash but I'll salvage the driver and the lone headlight. The wheels and tyres are in fair shape as is the 380 motor, probably unload them on the eBay to help start my clodbuster project.

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 1 month ago #19892

Looks pretty sound :y:

Unless I'm missing something, that body is eminently fixable ... but given that you want to "upgrade" to a Hornet, and that Grasshopper bodies are still easily obtainable, I'll admit it's not really worth doing...

I wouldn't bin it though, you never know, you might get a Grasshopper at some point with a broken roof or tail & be able to perform a cut & shut - if you've got the space, a "too good to chuck" box is worth having.

Your project makes me think of my first car - a Grasshopper that got upgraded to a Hornet when the shell got completely trashed, then when the Hornet body & the front shock towers got trashed, it got a Meccano front brace, Frog rear shocks on the front, Wild One wheels, a 9.6v battery & a 1/8 Porsche body on it ... I've been thinking it would be nice to recreate that, but done properly - but I haven't been able to find a suitable body :(

:)

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 1 month ago #19893

HI!... Dasbeermeister, If your interested, I have a Super Hornet body for sale here on the boards. It should fit. It's in excellent condition.

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 1 month ago #19911

Jon, you got me thinking. I'm gonna save the body and see if I can make it presentable. I had the skills 20 years ago, maybe I can still pull it off.
H.P, I saw that but I'm going 1st gen Hornet this time around. I'm replacing all the cars my mom put in the bin when I went to rehab in 1990. I think the hardest ones will be the B2B and the 1:1 1974 VW Super Beetle painted like the General Lee. I had built a Type 4 based 3.1L with Scat fuel injection and turbo for it.

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 1 month ago #19913

:woohoo: 3.1L + Turbo + fuel injection in a cox :silly: :laugh: :silly: :cheer: :P Cool dragster... Faster than the real general lee. The dukes of beermeister ;)

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 1 month ago #19937

Started cleaning today and found that the uprights and axels are toast. Since this one will be an occasional runner I found and ordered both. I've always hated plastic bushings. I wish I had known last week because the guy I'm getting the NIP vintage uprights from just bought an old PTI chassis from me. We could have done an even trade.
Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.