Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Brushless sensored for Sand Scorcher. HELP. 10 years 4 months ago #27203

Heres the deal ... Simply throwing a sensored brushless into a Sand Scorcher won't get the job done (unless my situation is unique) :dry: . Very few ESC's have a Clockwise/Counter Clockwise motor rotation setting. And removing the sensor wire so you can swap power leads defeats the purpose for having bought sensored in the first place.

First option for me was to trick the motor and esc into thinking everything is just fine. I took the "A" and "C" power wires and swapped them. Then for the sensor wire.... with the sernsor connector laid down flat with keyway towards the table and wires towards you. From left(#1) to right(#6) is how the connector wires are numbered:
1 - Ground
2 - Phase C
3 - Phase B
4 - Phase A
5 - Temp
6 - +5.0v
Next up I took #2 and #4 and swapped their positions. I set the adjustable timing end bell to 0deg and called it good. Well :huh: the darn thing runs great except for the problem of the motor not always starting up. I'll move the shaft to a new position and sure enough it will start up just fine again. I suspect a timing issue, maybe a unavoidable one due to it being a 2 pole design. Im using a dynamite fuze esc dyn3780, and a Turnigy Trackstar 17.5 sensored (HK #9192000029 except mine is silver).

???? Is it possible the motor isn't 0degs when the end bell shows so?
???? Im using a dynamite fuze esc dyn3780.
???? Any thoughts or suggestions? No such thing as a stupid question/answer :)
???? Any of you brushless Scorcher guys got the same problem? Or am I just the odd ball :blink:

(If in the wrong catagory... sorry. Moderator please move as needed.)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Re: Brushless sensored for Sand Scorcher. HELP. 10 years 3 months ago #27242

cool how is the ss with a brushless

Sent from my GT-S6500D using Tapatalk 2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zephyrin.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.