Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Have you guys seen this?? Automotive grade nylon 959 replacement chassis. 2 years 7 months ago #68380

Was not sure where to put this.

But this is great news for those who want to drive their 959l
They will also make the Celica chassis and all parts will be able to be purchased on their own.

Price is $475 CAD, not cheap but not that insane either...

More info here: rwmanufacturing...-959-58059
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, Manotas, stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Have you guys seen this?? Automotive grade nylon 959 replacement chassis. 2 years 7 months ago #68383

Yes it's nathanael from mciracing. It's fabulous and refurbished if not good
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Have you guys seen this?? Automotive grade nylon 959 replacement chassis. 2 years 7 months ago #68384

Yes saw that this morning or yesterday evening...
Also found a group on Facebook about Vintage RC 3D printing where there is quite a bunch crazy people doing crazy reproductions or mods on Vintage RC cars, and there was a post with pics of this chassis 3D Model a few months ago (just went thru all the post and there is quite a few interesting projects in this group)...

And for the material used and printing process it is likely Nylon PA12 printed using Multi Jet Fusion. You can get your own models printed this way thru Shapeways and others online 3D Printing services.

The way I see the things now in terms of 3D Printing is the following process:
- model and adjust the sizing in PLA
- once sure you have the proper dimension and the part fit, print it in Nylon PA12 (eventually carbon reinforced depending what you need) with MJF process thru an online service...

The main issue is really to get your part right before you request for the printing. And you also have to take the minimum amount of order the online services are requesting. Better to group parts together. The price is based on the space your print is going to take on the printer bed. You even have interested to link your parts together within a cluster (there is no supports constraints using MJF process) and send one big part (made of all the parts assembled together - withing the smaller possible space for cost reasons)... I've read a lot of things, but I'll have quite a few parts to print in Nylon soon, so I'll experiment and report...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Rabbi_kun, jord001

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.