Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: 58050 wild one 12 years 4 months ago #4903

Another idea for you - I got these for my TXT, Ebay (UK) 330596391517. Theyre threaded all the way & there's lots of unused length to the bodies (Could easily be cut down with a hacksaw & the caps refitted). The shafts are 4mm (Standard for 1/8th scale). They come in a variety of fruit flavours & lengths & they do a piggy back version too. The seller will probably have the bearings & other bits you need too. I have to ask though, why on earth do you want a frog gearbox? - they're renouned for being fragile & I'm quite sure it would be a bad idea to hook a brushless system up to it!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 58050 wild one 12 years 4 months ago #4905

that is another idea.
my plan is to make a racing fav with brushless, metal geared servo, etc.
i have read that the frog gearboxes are really good so that's why i want one

Re: 58050 wild one 12 years 4 months ago #4906

i mean another good idea

Re: 58050 wild one 12 years 4 months ago #4918

Aah, youth and the quest for maxiumum speed in an unsuitable car ... takes me right back - I seem to remember running a Willy's Wheeler on 9.6v & and a self-wound 15 triple motor :D

TBH I can't just blame youth - recently I came to the conclusion that my TA03F drifter really needed more power than a 23T Sport Tuned motor to get it to break traction more easily - so I put a 5.5T brushless in there ... even with the lowest gearing possible, the punch & timimg turned down to minimum & being really gentle on the throttle, it's still practically uncontrollable. Honestly, I didn't realise it was possible to "balloon" hard PVC drift tyres so much they'd fly off the rims :D

The Frog gearbox is not great and handling a lot of power - but in some respects it's better than the OE Wild One one, hence the transplants ... the Frog diff can/does expand, warping the gearbox sides & causing the gears to slip ... but you can bolt the outdrives together to stop this - take a goosey at tamiyaclub.com/...4&sid=3142 :)

Re: 58050 wild one 12 years 4 months ago #4947

balooning hard plastic tires, WOW. :woohoo:
upload a vid of them balooning :lol: :laugh:

new pictures 12 years 4 months ago #4949

iv'e got some new pictures here, they were taken on the same da i killed a rear traling arm :cry:
alloy side panels, you can see my fix for the wheel below

led spotlights

me driving

in the image below, you can see the lest rear wheel is bending; the cause for that is that the tires grip really well, i was turning right and the rims were so deteriorated and crscked so the bend easily :)

Last edit: by zephyrin.

Re: 58050 wild one 12 years 4 months ago #4950

...and a self-wound 15 triple motor :D

how do you wind your own motor and where could i get a hand-wound/blank super stock rz rotor from?

Last edit: by zephyrin.

Re: 58050 wild one 12 years 4 months ago #4954

balooning hard plastic tires, WOW. :woohoo:
upload a vid of them balooning :lol: :laugh:

Sorry, I superglued them down to stop that kind of naughtiness :(

Re: 58050 wild one 12 years 4 months ago #4956

...and a self-wound 15 triple motor :D

how do you wind your own motor and where could i get a hand-wound/blank super stock rz rotor from?

I'm not sure I'd recommend it - I only did it back in the day when powerful motors were not easily available, and too expensive to consider - as much as a set of radio gear or 80% the cost of a cheap kit - think of the equivalent of

new pictures 12 years 4 months ago #5031

i modded some cheapy whels to fit my WO

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.