Keyword

TOPIC:

Re:Striker + FAV + Sonic Fighter 6 years 10 months ago #44651

funny colors buddy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Striker + FAV + Sonic Fighter + Wild One + FAV2 6 years 10 months ago #44657

Hey Andyaus, that looks great!! but I need to ask, and forgive me if you have covered this already. What is the media blast that you are using? walnut shells, plastic beads, fine glass beads?? That really looks great and so so clean. :) I have been stripping paint with oven cleaner or ELO for years with fairly good results but never perfect.......so what's this trick involve if you don't mind telling.

Thanks in advance....B)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Striker + FAV + Sonic Fighter + Wild One + FAV2 6 years 10 months ago #44670

Hey Andyaus, that looks great!! but I need to ask, and forgive me if you have covered this already. What is the media blast that you are using? walnut shells, plastic beads, fine glass beads?? That really looks great and so so clean. :) I have been stripping paint with oven cleaner or ELO for years with fairly good results but never perfect.......so what's this trick involve if you don't mind telling.

Thanks in advance....B)

Hey there, I made my own blend after a fair amount of experimentation :ohmy: What works for me is 95% Aluminium oxide and 5% fine glass beads :blink: ;)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Striker + FAV + Sonic Fighter + Wild One + FAV2 6 years 10 months ago #44671

Tonight was about making some braces for the chassis to support the battle damage :ohmy: Then I completed the final paint on it ;) Here is a pic before the final chassis paint with the customized WO roof for it & the painted side covers B) Also some new parts arrived :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Striker + FAV + Sonic Fighter + Wild One + FAV2 6 years 9 months ago #44673

Hey all,
Thanks for the recipe Andyaus, I will give it a try. very nice setup too, my big cabinet is not that large but I should be able to fit an R/C body in there. I will check my blasting supplies and find a suitable test piece and have a go... :laugh:
Has any one ever tried this on a PC body? It might be the answer I have been seeking.............B)
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Striker + FAV + Sonic Fighter + Wild One + FAV2 6 years 9 months ago #44677

Has any one ever tried this on a PC body? It might be the answer I have been seeking.............B)

I did that for my Original Wild One driver, You can see the progress photos from page 11 of this thread ;)

Striker + FAV + Sonic Fighter + Wild One + FAV2 6 years 9 months ago #44679

Did a final coat on the chassis when I got home, Once that dry's off I'll paint the details then I can start assembly :)
The new shock set arrived today also :)

Attachments:

Striker + FAV + Sonic Fighter + Wild One + FAV2 6 years 9 months ago #44681

Beautifull Andy.

Striker + FAV + Sonic Fighter + Wild One + FAV2 6 years 9 months ago #44687

Thanks again, Andy, I was late to the party and did not see your other post on the wild one driver, looks great! So now I have a body to strip ( I hope ) after I do some experiments on some less valuable pieces, but that driver looks amazing so I have renewed hope for mine. Great looking shock kit too, I have been eyeballing one on spendbay myself. I will be looking forward to your comments on it.

Striker + FAV + Sonic Fighter + Wild One + FAV2 6 years 9 months ago #44737

Made some really good progress on the little FAV today :) Finished cleaning parts and started assembly :D

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.