Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13498

Ha, I've been known to express my dislike of frooty bolt-ons.... or rather, yes I love the look of anodised bits & bobs (If it's done tastefully), & no disrespect to anyone who does it but, where's the skill/effort in bolting on sideskirts, big zorsts & underlighting? I've said it before, but I appreciate the skill & effort that goes into personalising something with hand crafted parts etc far more, & get enjoyment out of that even if I don't actually like the finished item, if that makes sense. (I'm a 70s child & was brought up with "proper" custom cars/bikes)

Personally, whether I source original parts, make copies or just do something to make it work, depends a lot on how much of the original article I have in my hands at the time, ie whether or not it would be viable to restore, whether or not I'm going to keep it & whether or not I'm going to run it. I'm always skint, so full-on restos aren't always an option!

Have a wander around my gallery &/or the few restos I've done threads on, to get a better picture of what I mean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.