Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13273

Got mine in the post yesterday its a Tamiya hotshot 2 i know its in S*** state but this will be one of two im building over the winter the first is to get my son off his xbox and into tamyia rc so will be a runner the second shot will be a shelf queen wich i will then sell to fund the ultimate dream wich is my old orignal sand scorcher wich i sold to my cousin when i was a lad and he still has it in the loft so my baby is comming home to daddy for a rebuild and the best part is i sold it for
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13296

I think I've more or less done all the cars I wanted to. Like Jonny, I think the best ones to do are the ones with metal chassis & ABS body.
Although the Hilux was interesting, the resto quickly formed a list of "dumbarse design flaws", which kinda spoiled the enjoyment of owning one for me. Like the Cheetah, they're far too fragile to use, & most of it's selling points have turned out to be weaknesses.
My favourite/most enjoyable resto so far has been my 1st Cheetah, & it's beyond me why any other Tamiya would be more popular. Looking around me, I hate to say it, but my CC01 Mu is the closest thing to a "Scale model" Tamiya did that I know of - the rest seem to be a "This is gonna be an exact replica of.....just get it to work & poke it out the door"
As for what model I'd like to do in future - currently that would be Rosamund Pike

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13309

Thinking about it, I'd really have fun building a nice CC-01 scaler as well some time.
And I like a few modern Tamiyas too - like the XV-01 and Leonis for example...

:)

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13315

It's been great to receive all various likes and experiences. I have to say that I'm very interested to tackle a (rare) build once I've completed my Porsche 959's and Impreza... maybe along the lines of a Cheetah.

But I think 'eddrick' has pointed out a very lovely model to pursue indeed! :evil:
<p>Current projects:</p>

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13319

If you found your 'ideal' vintage vehicle still 'new in box' (for whatever crazy price), would you build it, or keep it in the box for future value etc? :blink:

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13321

If you found your 'ideal' vintage vehicle still 'new in box' (for whatever crazy price), would you build it, or keep it in the box for future value etc? :blink:

I know some people get a kick out of owning an untouched kit & leaving it that way, others from having a new built example on a shelf, others from running them ... but mine is building them - so I'd always build it.

+ IMO, there's no money in keeping things in the hope they'll appreciate in value - they might, but not as fast or as far as putting the same amount of money in the bank.

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13324

As for what model I'd like to do in future - currently that would be Rosamund Pike

the original or this rere?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13328

:cry:
Porsche959BOY, I have the same dream as you.
The alone difference is that I would to buy it MIB and build it with my hands. But I am not cresus and a MIB 959 is largely out of budget :cry:

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13360

I think I've more or less done all the cars I wanted to. Like Jonny, I think the best ones to do are the ones with metal chassis & ABS body.

I have the chance to say more or less te same thing as Eddrick....
I've already restored all the cars i wanted to, 2 Bruisers, 1 Mountaineer, Monster Beetle, Mud Blaster, Wild Willy M38, Hot Shot, Supershot, Bullhead and the last i managed to buy is a built only Manta Ray with his original box for a very fair price.
Unless i buy another shelf to put all my models on, i'll think i will just work on my ongoing projects... Blackfoot, 2nd Monster Beetle !
After that i'll see if i find the time the re-re kits i got lately...
I still need to built my Gold metallic HotShot and a SandScorcher.

Of course i keep an eye on all E-bay and local Ad sites to see if there's something intresting showing up.
To resume: Like Eddrick already mentionned it, i'm more into Metal chassis and ABS bodies ! :lol:
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13372

Missed out by

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.